what pads are you running with your 280zx front brakes?

datsundan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the pads NAPA sells that you guys are liking? I was going to try some Porterfields, Hawks or EBC's but if the NAPA's are good I'd give them a shot. Also, what year 280ZX brake parts should I be looking to buy? I have no idea from what year these struts are off of and I'd like to get some new rotors as well.

What are the pads NAPA sells that you guys are liking? I was going to try some Porterfields, Hawks or EBC's but if the NAPA's are good I'd give them a shot. Also, what year 280ZX brake parts should I be looking to buy? I have no idea from what year these struts are off of and I'd like to get some new rotors as well.

You can get the early 80's model of zx struts.

Thanks!

Hey, I saw that you did the 280zx conversion for brakes. does it matter what types of shocks you get?

I can't find a cheap pair. I just have coilovers struts for now. I plan to purchase the hubs calipers rotors and collars though.

KYB GR2/excel-G are gonna be cheap and a good economy shock insert, even better but of course more money is Tokico Blues

FYI, The 280zx strut requires the ZX hub/caliper/calipers. Coilovers are coilovers. To mount them, either use the plumbing collars (called "double split", and you need 2" ID), or you can have a ring welded onto the strut.

If you want a really really cheap shock option. Use the stock hydraulic insert, and change the fluid over to a motorcycle fork fluid, pick a weight to suit your driving style.

KYB GR2/excel-G are gonna be cheap and a good economy shock insert, even better but of course more money is Tokico Blues

FYI, The 280zx strut requires the ZX hub/caliper/calipers. Coilovers are coilovers. To mount them, either use the plumbing collars (called "double split", and you need 2" ID), or you can have a ring welded onto the strut.

If you want a really really cheap shock option. Use the stock hydraulic insert, and change the fluid over to a motorcycle fork fluid, pick a weight to suit your driving style.

I was just going to get split collars in order to hold the sleeve.

These shocks? http://www.tunersdepot.com/Nissan/280ZX/1980/Tokico/Suspension/Shocks+%7C+Struts/items-1.html

I couldn't find the kyb ones you spoke of but I hardly searched so I'm sure I could.

I just have the strut and coilovers. I still need to acquire the hubs calipers rotors. I can't weld unless the guy I'm buying them form does it for me.

Those shocks will fit all years of the 280ZX front struts. That should be an individual cost. I only link to amazon because its easy to see the product.

Make sure to get double split, not single split. I have double split collars, and my lower spring perches ride on them.

• Like 1

Those shocks will fit all years of the 280ZX front struts. That should be an individual cost. I only link to amazon because its easy to see the product.

Make sure to get double split, not single split. I have double split collars, and my lower spring perches ride on them.

Thanks man. Saved me a lot of trouble :)

Don't use plumbing collars. Use only a commercial grade shaft collar. And do not overtighten -- you don't want the little bolts to fail.

I have a 68 and I've been told that there are some problems that occur with the ball joints when installing the 280zx struts.

Know about it? Or what I could do to avoid it or solve the solution?