L20BT

imtb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb is from Vintage Performance

Cast 90's and the top Hat is from CB peformance.

PL510 thanks, I want to go right into the intake but the waste gate acuator is in the way, trying to figure out how to move it. I have a nice 1 into 2 connector that will bolt right up the manifold for the turbo pump into and elinamte the extra 90's. This will work for now.

Here is a pic of the dual HSR's I had on my goon. The guy is not real responsive about selling the carbs, too bad he could sell quite a few of them. I know he mods the needle and seat and changes jets, but sure what else.

Picture621.jpg

Yeah, I'm glad he flaked before I gave him any money... He owes thousands to the Volvo community with talk of multiple law suits from those people. I only found out when he stopped responding and I looked into it.

None the less, the carbs sound awesome. Wish I could try a set ;)

Joel

Here is a pic of the dual HSR's I had on my goon. The guy is not real responsive about selling the carbs, too bad he could sell quite a few of them. I know he mods the needle and seat and changes jets, but sure what else.

Picture621.jpg

Are you using stock SU manifold and bolt those HSR carbs?

I'm assuming it's a better carb.

Trying to search for info on those

Banzai, I've been waiting for you to post, what do you think about turbo set up?

Last night tore out old struts and sway bar and today starting installing 280xz struts and brakes, red poly bushings and addco sway bar. This thing is tiiiights!

• Like 1

Wll Im not a turbo expert.

It looks good.

I know Jeff Hino and RayStne hocker are better at that and the guy on the Realm.

Ray was having icing issue with his SU single set up I believe ,the air is just running in there so fast. or maybe the oppisite. I can remember. Since yours is a suck throw I think icing would be the issue

looking at your ignition looks kinda stock. is this electronic or points as I dont see a ballast resisitor and looks like a point coil. if coil says needs a resisitor better put one in there as the coil will run HOT. and points will not last as it will arch out as the condensor cant handle it.

I see people run the point coil with a EI dizzy and they seem still working but its not really supposed to be that way.

Motor looks clean and simple.

I wonder if you could use the later 280zx turbo dizzy and swap the 4 cylinder stuff in there to use the vacuum retard.

Or some use Jacobs ignition. As you know I think you need less timming at boost, But im sure you know this al ready.

Spudly on here will be more help than I could be.