Front fender got pushed in, is it something you can fix yourself?

So i've been meaning to get to this at some point, whether it be go to a body shop and have them do it, or work on it myself. I'm curious if any of you guys think this is something that can be done at home or would i need special tools and knowhow to fix this clusterfuck i've gotten myself into.

My project is getting close to being driveable and i dont want it to look like ass when i drive it for the first time.

Sorry about the pics seeming random, apparently I have a knack for taking pictures that exclude the actual damage. It's a sore subject for me. These were taken over the course of my build.

Here's right after it happened:

402880_2751838886742_371650374_n.jpg

View of damage from front

376972_2769268922482_410729110_n.jpg

View from inside the engine bay

58840_4392285216875_1686807819_n.jpg

Different angle from inside engine bay

407661_4392286096897_778185250_n.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that fender is toast. Its gonna be stretched really bad and will really be a pain to get straight. The inners and rad support should be an easy pull though as it doesn't look creased. I would recommend getting it measured on a frame rack if you decide to pull it yourself. Or at least get the dimensions from a factory manual and carefully check it for square while pulling slowly.

If you don't have panel beating experience, I'd get a tradesman to repair this.

It's definitely fixable, but based on the pics, would benefit from a professionals touch.

Personally, I'd be scouting for a replacement fender as well. Don't know how hard LH ones are to get over there although good ones are getting pretty rare here.

I'm a journeyman body man and if you don't have any experience that would not be the project to get it on. Your apron is wrinkled and your going to need a frame rack to straighten that properly. The fender looks like its now scrap. Bummer. i would collect on insurance if you had any or pay for a good body shop to fix it. Good luck.

Thanks for all the replies :)

I'm not worried about the fenders as much as the "apron".

I sold the fenders to a ratsun member who needed them and picked up some fiberglass ones after the accident.

I don't know terms for this stuff as I've never been someone who does body work. I'm concerned about the driver's side inner wall behind the fender. It sounds like I should just take it somewhere though, which is kind of what I assumed. I try not to do things I will likely ruin and this seemed like something that is over my head.

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get area straightened?