78 Toyota Corona Wagon AKA Smooth

I scored this sweet Japanese classic a couple of weeks ago and thought it was time to start sharing. I'm using this as my daily driver and so far it has been a nice little reliable rig. Here are some pics for you guys. Hope you like it.

P1020103.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the car before I lowered it. But here are the first pictures. I lowered it in the front with cut rear 510 springs. They were a little smaller in diameter but fit the cups pretty good. I cut 2 coils out and also put in new shocks. The rear 510 springs had tighter and thicker coils than the stock corona ones. I think that lowered it over all in the front about 4 inches. In the rear I put in 3 inch blocks and some beefier U bolts.

P1020106.jpg

I'm missing a bumper light lense. If anyone has one or knows someone who might it would be greatly appreciated to PM me.

P1020104.jpg

P1020105.jpg

SAM_0294.jpg

Found some old 240z hub caps in our scrap pile. They look like they were made for this car.

SAM_0282.jpg

SAM_0281.jpg

A little body damage on the valance and D/S fender.

SAM_0298.jpg

All straightened out.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool wagon B) The stance, the patina & the white walls look perfect. Your rite, the Z caps look natural. I think you can tuck those bumpers up tighter to the body by drilling holes & releasing the pressure in the shocks that the bumpers are attached to. Im not 100% sure on how to do it or what the dangers are. Gives a cleaner more old skool look IMHO :thumbup:

Very cool wagon B) The stance, the patina & the white walls look perfect. Your rite, the Z caps look natural. I think you can tuck those bumpers up tighter to the body by drilling holes & releasing the pressure in the shocks that the bumpers are attached to. Im not 100% sure on how to do it or what the dangers are. Gives a cleaner more old skool look IMHO :thumbup:

I've thought about trying to suck the bumpers up tighter. The problem though is that the fenders have recessed areas in them for the rubber bumper guards to fit into. If the bumper was pushed back they wouldn't fit those recessed areas and it would look kinda goofy i think. Now the jdm bumpers for this car are super clean and they sit nice and tucked into the body. I would love to find a set of those. I agree though it would look cleaner with the bumpers not protruding out so far.

the rubber would cover the indent where they are supposed to be no one would see it

That wouldn't work either. The rubber things would be sticking out sideways pressed up against the fenders. I'm just gonna hold out until I can if ever, find some jdm bumpers. As soon as I get two new tires i'll have some rims on it. They're slotted aluminum old skool muscle car lookin rims. The rears are 14x7 with a -15 offset and the fronts are 14x5 with a 0 offset i think. They'll look sick. I might have to run a little bit more negative camber in the front to get them to clear the fenders, even with some 165/55's, maybe a little fender rolling will be required. Updates coming.