wrecked 79 kc issues

r@+5un620

Hey guys im finally getting around to fixing up my kc I picked up for 200 but before I get too far into attempting this I wanna know if there is any good way to remove the core radiator support and the mounting section for the grill headlight away etc . Looks as though it is spot welded but I don't know whether to drill them out or cut it off. :confused: Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys ended up just taking a backhoe and wrapping a chain around the core support and hanging the truck up in the air most of it pulled out but it'll never be straight I just straightened the best I could and went with it BC I use my truck for work and play not to pretty it up lol I had to selftap screws into the front side to hold fenders on but it works for me I will get pics as soon as I can get back to the farm

Hey guys im finally getting around to fixing up my kc I picked up for 200 but before I get too far into attempting this I wanna know if there is any good way to remove the core radiator support and the mounting section for the grill headlight away etc . Looks as though it is spot welded but I don't know whether to drill them out or cut it off. :confused: Thanks

You mean easier than lifting it with a backhoe and shaking it off?.... no.

to be truthful i did attempt the drilling of the spotwelds but i need a road worthy truck asap for hauling and i just gave up after two and i saw the backhoe sitting in the hayfield and the chain in the back of my truck 1+1 equaled a truck that will pass inspection lol even though It looks like :poop: at least I will be free to raise hell with my new cherry bomb exhaust sounds amazing compared to the stock :devil: