S110 struts on '72 520?

Are struts and rotors from an '81 200SX a worthwhile upgrade on a '72 510? I've seen reference to the next generation SX (S12) being good, but can't find mention of S110. I can get S110 ones free, but I won't bother taking them off if they don't work.

Len

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my typo writing 520 instead of 510 wasn't completely innocent. I keep having flashes of wanting a 520 or 620. I'm resisting for the time being.

I'll get the struts. This afternoon I started pulling bits off the car. It is only a block away, so I don't have to burn gas to work on it. I'm going to try to get the Z20e and all the FI goodies. Auto tranny, so I'll leave it in the car I think. I'll probably spend a bunch of time getting stuff I'll never use, but it will save me money by keeping me away from eBay. Only lost a little blood so far. Stabbed myself in the hand trying to cut plastic wire ties with a dull pocket knife.

Len

Maybe my typo writing 520 instead of 510 wasn't completely innocent. I keep having flashes of wanting a 520 or 620. I'm resisting for the time being.

I'll get the struts. This afternoon I started pulling bits off the car. It is only a block away, so I don't have to burn gas to work on it. I'm going to try to get the Z20e and all the FI goodies. Auto tranny, so I'll leave it in the car I think. I'll probably spend a bunch of time getting stuff I'll never use, but it will save me money by keeping me away from eBay. Only lost a little blood so far. Stabbed myself in the hand trying to cut plastic wire ties with a dull pocket knife.

Len

:D Just pullin' your strut, len.

Too bad a bout the auto, standards come with the somewhat collectible 200mm flywheel. The head isn't much use but the motor has a set of 152.5mm rods and 31.75mm flat top pistons you should try to grab. Would be worth something to someone building a high comp. long rod L20B. The Z20 also has an L20B crank in it. 8 plug head or 4???

true dat ;)

i just sold a pair of s12 5lug struts

why? well, they won't let you run deep dish unless you're running flares :(

Guess I should add: must be 5lug struts for z32 calipers to bolt on since the caliper bolt spacing is different on the 4lug vs 5lug s12 struts.

Yeah, I want the rods, crank, and some of the fuel injection bits. The head is an 8-plug, but if nothing else, is worth $25 as a core at my local Pull n Save. Also, starter, alt, and dizzy cores - only $4 or so each, but why not grab 'em? I'm going to get the tach. I've never seen mention anywhere of adapting a 200SX tach to a 510, so it probably won't work. Anyone know?

Len