My "new" 1976 Fairlady Z

EVILC

So this weekend after making a 15 hour round trip to Potsdam, Ny - this 1976 Fairlady Z is home with me in NYC!

I bought the car from a guy I met 6 years ago who bought it in 1985 while stationed in Japan. He brought the car back to the US in 1989 to upstate NY. It was on the road for another 2 1/2 yrs and has not been started since. Original L20 is in the car but had been stroked to a L26 and lightened flywheel. The factory 5 speed is there and factory AC. After all these years, I got a phone call stating that he might be ready to sell the car. 4 years prior I tried to buy this car and he couldn't bring himself to sell it. After several conversations it was time for me to make the trip to go pick it up. She will need some work but is all there for the most part!

DSCN0394-XL.jpg

DSCN0495-XL.jpg

DSCN0479-XL.jpg

DSCN0481-XL.jpg

DSCN0490-XL.jpg

Going to try and get her started as she sits and go throught the brakes and clutch.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rust isn't too bad, def better than some of the part cars I pick up.

I wish I had the specs on the engine build. I just have some notes showing engine work done and cost. The owner was able to tell me all about it and what he could remember from back in '86/'87.

I will get to the car once I finsih the L30 build in the 260z, which the engine will be going in tonight.

Damn nice score bro!!

That baby is worth a full resto. Are you go full tilt or just getting up running and driving as is? The dash looks to be in good shape, but hard to tell with the photo supplied. Is it in as good of shape as it seems? If so that's a major plus....

Great find....

I plan on getting it running as is for now until I plan this one out. Dash has two cracks and will be restored once I restore this car. Worst part of the car, pasn side rail is soft and so is the floor but the car is still in very good shape for something that has been sitting for 20 yrs. As I collect part cars, I can get some of the repair panels I will need.

Very excited about this car!