flywheel?

i found a car that the tag in the door says 12/77 hla510 it has the L20B with 4 speed the man is going to send it to the crusher and said i could have the motor and tranny for $75 my question is would this thing have the 200mm flywheel or the 225 like is in the trucks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The head might be worth something too. Look below the #1 plug at the bottom of the head where it meets the block. The numbers cast there might say U-67 maybe W-58. You would have to remove it to see if it was a closed chamber head. If a California car it might also have the remote igniter ignition.

my motor is somewhat bult but not really L20B bored 20 over crank cut 10 on rods and mains and balanced with pistons, A87 closed chambered head with stock L20B valves, intake ports gasket matched to felpro gasket, stock L16 non emmissions intake, gasket matched to the same gasket (1 1/2) with a

weber 34/34, competion cams camshaft 214 dur 420 lift, gm hei ignition module with a pieced together frankenstein dist, long tube header with 2 inch exhaust, 5 speed tranny running 215 60 14 tires with a rearend i am suspecting is geared 411 but not so sure runs i am gussing 80 mph turning somewere around 3700 rpm no speedo so i could be wrong but she moves down the road pretty good and fairly quick on take off just have trouble keeping my temp down (200-210) on these 100 + degree days if i run it hard plenty of power and great fuel mileage better on fuel than my 99 volkswagen

the head on this parts car is crap its a round port w58 emmissions head and it does have the remote igniter ignition dist but its a non cali car but it does run and runs pretty well but all i am interested in is the flywheel but i will pull both engine and tranny hell $75 isnt a bad deal for a running drving engine tranny combo

sounds like a good set up. I would go with a bigger cam but if everything works leave it along. Gas isnt getting cheaper now.

510 guys want the 200mm flywheel with Roadster clutch but daily driver I like the stock soft clutch.

Roadster clutch is nice, instant grip

Our last engine built, put one on from our spares not knowing it was a roadster pressure plate.

Yeah, for daily driver and a bad knee, stay with stock.