Hey ratsun bros, how rare is a 71/521 with factory A/C & locks on glove compartment and gas door????

Hey bros how rare would this find be? How can I break down the serial # to see if a/c was a factory choice with the locks on glove compartment and gas door? It also has a strange looking shock for a stabaliser by the front sway bar, I'm not sure what its for? Thanks bros pics wil be here tomorrow.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanted air bad enough the dealer would install one for you when you bought the truck. You could buy 620s with 4x4 the same way. The dealer could get one from a company that did these installations using Jeep components. It's still a nice 'option'

Yes, there were zero 521 with A/C put in at the factory. It has to be dealer or aftermarket.

Still, it's a very valuable thing if working correctly.

Here's the Nissan North America air condition brochure for 1972. The kits used detroit-type components like a York compressor.

24798.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've sold two 521's with A/C that came with them when I purchased them. Looking for a setup now.

The lower "stabilizer" is an add-on as well. I have one on my truck now. It is actually a steering damper. It absorbs the impacts of the road to provide a more stable ride and reduce bump steer.