79 620 longbed - $1300 obo in Reno, NV

Hey guys!

The sad time has come to get rid of my 620. Help a brother out?

The truck is a 79 longbed with an l20b, Weber 32/36 DGEV, an Offenhauser dual plane intake manifold and a set of long tube headers (I think they're Doug Thorley's?) The thing runs like a champ. plenty of power, and decent gas mileage. It was my daily for the last 3 or so years.

I just recently parked it when I started noticing a whine in the output side of the trans. It's still drivable, but its in need of a trans swap sometime soon.

I'd call this truck a really solid project. Its straight (minus a few small dings and small rust spots), and has a great running motor, but needs brake/ steering work as well as a new trans installed (which I have to go with the truck, as well as an extra drivers side door and grill)

If you're looking for a completely sorted daily, this may not be for you, but if you're looking for something that is a drivable project for a decent price (I'm asking $1300), it may be.

Here are a few pictures (kinda old, but the truck looks the same.) I can take more if there is interest.

Not pictured is the old school GT Spoiler shell I have for the truck. Thing is rad. I'll see if I can find a picture of it...

IMG_20110521_095259.jpg

IMG_20101218_162052.jpg

IMG_20101218_162108.jpg

If you want to ask any questions PM me, and I can give you my cell #

Again, I'm asking $1300, but I'll entertain offers for sure. I would like this thing gone pretty soon.

Thanks for looking

-Mikey

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pictures!

http://s4.photobucke...dorikid/79 620/

Check out the album, tried to show all the cosmetic imperfections/ rust. The only through-rust I've found on the car is on the passenger side door.

You can also see that the paint in the engine bay is in good condition under the protective later of grease/ dirt. lulz...

The exhaust rear of the header is toast.

I'm pretty exhausted at the moment, so If I think of anything I'm missing as far as the good, the bad and the ugly goes, I'll post up tomorrow.

PM me for questions, phone number, ect...

Thanks for looking,

Mikey

*Double-space action FTW*

• 3 weeks later...

Truck Is still available. Janksun, I replied to your PM. Travis Send me a PM with when you'd like to have a look at it.

My work schedule is all over the place lately, so if I don't get back to you right away, please don't be offended. I don't have a lot of free-time.

Also, its way easier to get ahold of me over PM.

Thanks guys.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.