L24/L28 Distributor

Just rebuilding an L24. Could use a stock L24 points Distributor, but I heard swapping to an L28 one is relatively simple and MUCH more reliable, better revving, etc etc.

If anyone has EITHER of these, wants to let em go for a decent price, I'd be hard-pressed not to buy! Randy, I know you've got some of the shit.

If anyone has the L28 setup, LMK what I'd need to swap over.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will only work if you get the one with the E12 80 matchbox on it. 280zx and Maxima made up to June '81 with normally aspirated motors.

DatsunEI004Large-1.jpg

This one is from a Maxima or 280zx made from June '81 ('82 model year) and is the bad ones with an E12 93 matchbox. You can swap an E12 80 onto it to convert.

L24Eignition003Large.jpg

DatsunEI003Large-1-1.jpg

Notice the second set of terminals marked I and W on the right side? This has something to do with the EFI and probably some kind of ignition retard. Some time back someone on the 510 Realm used one of these matchboxes on an L20B and as the motor was revved up the ignition timing would automatically retard up to 20 degrees. Avoid them. The 6 cylinder dizzy is OK just swap out the E12-93

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have a Z dist sitting in my house, not being used. I believe its a points one also.

Yours for shipping if you want it? Ill double check when I get home if interested. PM me if so. I can snap a pic when I get home and reply back to your PM and go from there.

Hey izzo, I super appreciate it man.

It seems that, through lots of reading, the points distrib is far inferior to that of the EFI dizzy. With a simple wiring mod, I can have better, reliable spark, so I'll probably just do that. If my friend (who this is for) decides against the EFI dizzy, i'll gladly pay postage and send you some money for beer :#

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.