510 SEDAN - 82-83 280zx rear disc adapters.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is pretty low with large tires. Most (nobody) notches the body. I did so I had clearance for my axles and ebrake. I even shaved the body to allow clearance for the control arm.

I'll take more pics tomorrow of the angle before the cables hit the body.

You can always refer to my build thread to see all the mods I've done.

-Josh

I've read of people mounting the brackets and calipers on the bottom side in order to avoid having to notch the wheel well. Would that be a viable option with these brackets/cables? I understand that you may have to swap the calipers to opposite sides to have the cables pull in the correct direction..

Thanks Luke!

I'm prototyping a new cable adapter that will help with the cable clearance. I'll throw up pics as soon as I test it. More work on my end but a better solution.

Stay tuned.

Brackets were boxed up and ready to ship to ano today. Got a day behind because as I was running out these parts I also had to replace the timing chain in my 720. She's all done tonight and purrs like a kitten :thumbup:

Josh-

Parts are back. Shipped out jovial_cynic's brackets today as he only ordered brackets.

I've been working 12hr days at my day job for 1.5 weeks so please be patient. I'm hoping to get the Cable adapters all proto'd and done by next weekend.

Sorry for the delay guys.

-Josh

20121019_125810.jpg

20121019_125816.jpg

Finally got some time to work on the adapters.

I made a long adapter and then torch-bent it into an arc to help with clearance for the guys that don't have a tunneled wheel well like myself.

I made two protos. one shorter one seen here:

20121027_105205.jpg

20121027_105214.jpg

20121027_105331.jpg

The pictures were taken with the control arm at this position. Well below what most will bottom out at:

20121027_105321.jpg

Here's the newest longer tube design to make the cable slide better. This still requires the spring that comes with the Lokar Kit to help the soft stock return spring. Without it the cable won't return.

20121027_131507.jpg

20121027_131459.jpg

20121027_131446.jpg

I have to make a new jig to replicate the bend, then crank out the rest and make the pins. I plan on wrapping it up this weekend.

I can't verify these will work perfect on stock bodied cars but I'm 95% positive they will. If there is any issues we'll resolve them even if I have to make a new set.

-Josh

Had a few personal issues slow down progress. Bought a pencil torch to make better bends. I will finish and ship Monday.

The ebrake cable takes a little twisting and pressure to get through the adapters. Its snug but the bend is necessary to get clearance. Not exactly what I want but it should work just fine and give clearance. Grease should also help.

Josh-

Shipping everything tomorrow!!

Adapters are sandblasted. I would test fit and relieve the bends if possible with a torch ensuring clearance with the body. Once happy paint whatever color you'd like.

You'll also need cotter pins for the clevis pins. Radiused hole goes towards the ball on the end of the cable. Pins are 304 Stainless Steel. No paint needed.

20121103_140527.jpg

20121103_140536.jpg

20121103_140558.jpg

20121104_104917.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.