510 SEDAN - 82-83 280zx rear disc adapters.

Sold out! Now taking names for the next run! Price adjusted for the next run.

I'm making a run of 1982-1983 280zx rear disc adapters. They will be anodized clear and come with hardware. I'm personally going to run a "universal" ebrake setup so I can route my cables properly http://www.lokar.com...ake-cables.html

I'm asking $175/set + shipping.

If you want the Lokar Adapter kit it will be $75/set + Shipping.

My plan is to run these out tomorrow and ship to ano Monday. Then I can make the Lokar adapters next weekend and be ready to ship by the 19th at the latest.

If anyone one else wants a set better jump in line ;)

I will be making and selling the hardware to mount the e-brake properly. This will happen when I actually install mine.... Hopefully next week sometime.

Confirmed with Lokar Kit:

walpal - paid

KlassicMotion - paid

jinx3 - Paid

TheBirdistheWord - Paid

Confirmed Brackets only:

HudsonMC - shipped

jovial_cynic - Shipped

Maybe:

Ranman72 - I am interested

Just Lokar Kit:

KyushaKai

Original design:

IMG_20111217_133120.jpg

IMG_20111217_133059.jpg

IMG_20111217_133511-1.jpg

IMG_20111217_133516.jpg

IMG_20111217_135714-1.jpg

IMG_20111217_135722-1.jpg

New design. Much stronger where it counts.

CROSS-SECTION.jpg

FRONT-2.jpg

BACK-2.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested but do not want to lock myself in to the 150 cuz I am not sure I will have it

might be able to pull it off in a month or so

what is the reason for anodizing and would the cost be less raw

same question on the disks

Thanks Randy

Just to clarify, these are for 82-83 280ZX calipers. These don't have the big metal bracket like the 79-81 calipers.

I am interested. How quickly could you get a set turned around? I want to get this upgrade going immediately for my 510.

I'll find out today and get back to you. I could sell you my prototypes if it's that much of a rush.

What discs do you run with this setup?

Walt

I run PowerSlot Rotors. http://www.powerslot.com/

&

Street Performance Brake Pads from http://motorsportauto.com/

Regarding the Lokar cable set, which part no. do you recommend?

Walt

I plan on using.

This cable set:

http://www.summitrac...-80FU/?rtype=10

This handle:

http://www.summitrac.../LOK-EHB-7000F/

Expensive but worth it to be able to route the cables correctly.

what is the reason for anodizing and would the cost be less raw

Thanks Randy

Anodize prevents corrosion and protects the Aluminum. I would be doing them in a "lot" so I would have to check into it. I'll get back to you.

And again, these wont work on wagons?

Nope, sorry

I'm in. I need one set please.

I'll put you down for a set.

I'm going to order the cables and handle today. I will need to make some pieces to adapt the cables to the calipers. This will be extra if you choose to use the Lokar cables setup. I could probably also make/sell a box for the ebrake handle to mount properly to the floor, we'll see.

To do it right is obviously not cheap. Using the stock 280zx ebrake setup is really not feasible unless you want to do some crazy stuff. I tried and couldn't find an acceptable method.

-Josh

I'm pretty sure that I have the rear calipers for an 82', but just to be sure, could somebody post pics of an 82-83 vs. 79-81? If I end up having the right stuff, I'll take a set.

(While I wait on a response, I'll be searching elsewhere for a comparison.)

This is what I did.

IMG_20111226_164940.jpg

You have to remove the caliper from the caliper mount. Or just loosen and let it push the rotor and caliper away from the adapter bracket. It's the factory design, kinda lame but no biggie.

FYI, I just ordered the cables and handle. Should be here this week...

-Josh

really? unless specifically stated for the wagon, they wont work on a wagon.

I know that smarty mcfarty... I'm saying that someone NEEDS to make them for a wagon.

Their are tons of us wagon guys "including you jakester" that would live disk brakes in the rear

I'm pretty sure that I have the rear calipers for an 82', but just to be sure, could somebody post pics of an 82-83 vs. 79-81? If I end up having the right stuff, I'll take a set.

(While I wait on a response, I'll be searching elsewhere for a comparison.)

79-81 has the metal plate:

Brake_caliper_right_rear_79_to_81_b.jpg

82-83 Is two piece:

82-83.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Looks like the e-brake setup will need a threaded barrel adapter to allow the cable to bolt to the caliper and if you don't have the 280zx brake cable to cut the end off you'll need a clevis pin.

I plan to make and sell both of these pieces to make the Lokar Cables bolt right up to the stock 280zx calipers.

I'll have all the details finalized tomorrow. I'm dealing with some other issues that have been slowing progress. I'm only selling the brackets with clear Anodize as the lot charge is the most expensive part.

Here's the Lokar kit:

20121003_125835.jpg

Cable to caliper:

20121004_125412.jpg

I'll make this pin out of stainless:

20121004_125455.jpg

Got the fixture all done. just need to make 2 clamps in the morning. My plan is to run these out tomorrow and ship to ano Monday. Then I can make the Lokar adapters next weekend and be ready to ship by the 19th at the latest.

If anyone one else wants a set better jump in line ;)

Revised the pricing in the OP.

20121006_161041.jpg

20121006_161123.jpg

20121006_161029.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.