Wednesday cruise in @ PIR

fiveNdime

I guess this will be the official thread for the Wednesday night cruise in at PIR. I plan on attending as regularly as possible, work providing. Tonight is the first night of the cruise in 6-4-08. I would love to have a bunch of datto/ratsun guys over there. This will probably take the place of the Tuesday nights at Josh's house. As for the long distance folks its a good time, and there is almost too many cars to look at. It can get to over 600 cars and trucks of all sorts mostly older but some new as well. It should be 5 dollar bill for entry and you can buy food and drinks at a semi reasonable price as well as sit in the stands to watch some drag racing.....so its a win win.:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you weren't even there. Tonight, being the first night and mediocre weather, the turnout wasn't great, but it was still a good time.

There was a green 620 racing tonight, we waited forever to see it run, I assumed it was a small block truck, but when I saw the windshield said something like 12.6 I knew...sure as shit slow ass L-motor. It was great.

Hope to see some other dattos down there, I have been several times and I can't remember ever seeing another 510.

Yeah I didn't go because I was going to be down there on Thursday and didn't see the point in driving down for iffy weather with gas so high and all. If the weather is good for next week I will attend if I don't work too late.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I've only been invited to a meeting ONCE, and it wasn't even really an invite. and it was just this tuesday.

I don't really care TOO much for clubs, drama, politics, and bullshit are not my thing. Besides, I could never get the ol' lady to go for it, it's enough she actually likes the cruise in on our "date night"

sorry...didn't make the meeting or the PIR event.....out of town for our 25th :)

We plan on attending PIR next wed....one last fling before heading back to work the next day :(

I should at least have the NL there :)

Mike there was a 64 320 there when me and guy went over. There was a huge turnout. I know there was about 6 or so 280's over there plus a bunch of zx's and a few 350's. There was also the coolest car there in my opinion. A V-tech swap RHD mini cooper. This thing was definitely show quality a must see for sure. The picture doesn't do it justice. We also need to get a bunch of us to meet up at a certain time to cruise in.

V-Techmini.jpg

Yes they race! They race the 1/8th mile, and for points I believe so I don't think you can take your datto on the strip. Thats for Friday and Saturday nights That makes for some good entertainment when you don't want to look at cars anymore for the day or take a brake from it. You probably cant find much else to spend a 5 dollar bill on and get this much entertainment, its well worth it.

Forgot to mention they race everything from drasters to Banshee's (4-wheelers) to jr. dragsters.

Mike there was a 64 320 there when me and guy went over. There was a huge turnout. I know there was about 6 or so 280's over there plus a bunch of zx's and a few 350's. There was also the coolest car there in my opinion. A V-tech swap RHD mini cooper. This thing was definitely show quality a must see for sure. The picture doesn't do it justice. We also need to get a bunch of us to meet up at a certain time to cruise in.

V-Techmini.jpg

That mini is COOL I just spoke with a guy who is swapping a EVO engine and drivetrain into his and wanted Troy to do the fab work in it happens I will post pics

There was also the coolest car there in my opinion. A V-tech swap RHD mini cooper.V-Techmini.jpg

Haha. :lol: An actual compliment from fiveNdime for a Honda motor. I never thought I'd see the day.

Just kidding man. I've seen those swaps. I've also seen that machine slicing through traffic on the 26 like nobodys business.

-Brian

Well other then the fact that the bastards charged me 10 bucks to get in and some people got in for 5 really pisses me off and will definitely make my visits more limited, BASTARDS. Now that I am done venting I will say it was a good show. They said over 1000 rigs showed up....yes I said 1000. A few of us ratsun owners showed up and managed to park next to each other for the better part of the show. Telling ya your missing out on some fun:D

datsunsPIR.jpg

Ya...it looked better a bit lower, but dang does it ride nice.

fivendime.....we were kinda thinking that the extra $5 was because you had guys in the back of the pickup. ....maybe??

We'll see if we can make it a bit earlier next week! :)

Thanks for the help today Brian!!