1981 510 wagon question

Suspect

I have an opportunity to buy a 81 Datsun 510 wagon. I was told it was a naps Z20 with automatic transmission. What I keep forgetting to ask is if it was rear wheel drive or front wheel drive. I usually deal with older Datsun, nothing this new. Also I typed in 81 Datsun 510 wagon on google and see some with round and some with square headlights. What are you guys thoughts on a newer 510 and can you answer any of my questions on it?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

Wont post my thoughts cause I am PL510 guy :sneaky: :w00t:

Bastard.. :lol:

Body parts are kinda hard to come by,, but the running gear is very easy to get. Truck parts swap in very easily if needed, and from a safety standpoint they are waaaay safer than the older cars if you leave the bumpers on..I think you will be surprised by how well it motors down the road,, i sure was with my sons 79.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Body parts are kinda hard to come by,, but the running gear is very easy to get. Truck parts swap in very easily if needed, and from a safety standpoint they are waaaay safer than the older cars if you leave the bumpers on..

:lol:

Wasnt saying bad things...

I was always taught if you have nothing nice to say,say nothing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe King...

They are great drivers(yep have had a couple)

Parted this one a few years ago

byebye003Medium.jpg :lol:

Body parts are kinda hard to come by,, but the running gear is very easy to get. Truck parts swap in very easily if needed, and from a safety standpoint they are waaaay safer than the older cars if you leave the bumpers on..I think you will be surprised by how well it motors down the road,, i sure was with my sons 79.

Z20 carb motor so '81 and up 720 truck and '80-'83 200sx motor and trannys will fit and the '80-'81 200sx rear axle will likely fit the 510........ and it has rear disc brakes!!!

• Like 1

This one is suppose to be in decent shaped, garaged most of the time. The back window is knocked out and interior got into by cats. I can buy it for like $250 or less. It runs and drives as well, just needs some work.

Z20 carb motor so '81 and up 720 truck and '80-'83 200sx motor and trannys will fit and the '80-'81 200sx rear axle will likely fit the 510........ and it has rear disc brakes!!!

Transmissions don't. The A10 (78-81 510) used short-tail 63-series transmissions, though the automatic is quite a bit longer. 80+ 200SXs used longtail 71Bs. Rear axle in a S110 200SX is slightly wider but might fit.

Transmissions don't. The A10 (78-81 510) used short-tail 63-series transmissions, though the automatic is quite a bit longer. 80+ 200SXs used longtail 71Bs. Rear axle in a S110 200SX is slightly wider but might fit.

Thanks for that Doug, haven't seen a 4 speed for these.The two near me were autos. (long) So the A10 must have a similar 4 speed to the shorty 710.