Dat's thread dis mah thread

So I got the driver side floor carpeted.Trans cover installed. Shift boot and knob. Got half the dash carpeted and ran out of glue. Door panels and handles are on. Need to find some cotter pins for window cranks and screws for handle bezel.

Oh yeah...

Someone stole my fucking stereo out of the center console sitting in my shop.

And nothing else is missing.

Checked 4 times then brought a friend to help.

fucking crack heads.

Fucking fuck.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then I made a temporary exhaust

At least I hope it's temporary.

Chances are it will be there for years.

this ugly hunk of shit is factory exhaust. It was the size I needed plus free clamps!

working with what I got yo

DSCF0665_zps1cc0605e.jpg

DSCF0666_zpse946eaa6.jpg

DSCF0667_zps870e2d52.jpg

DSCF0668_zps08ca55f9.jpg

DSCF0669_zpsb57348f2.jpg?t=1348897138

DSCF0670_zpse40a8996.jpg

Better than a coathanger! :rofl:

DSCF0672_zps2c3b60a6.jpg

It's pretty hard to see. When I get a better tip I'm gonna bring it out a few inches.

DSCF0671_zps1a337fab.jpg

Don't hate.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Fuel pump died.

New one is on the way.

In the meantime I've been working on other things.

Mostly everything used on my truck is recycled materials.

Headliner.

Piece of fabric I've had for years. Vinyl blind slats. Soon to be covered in drawings.

headliner_zpse74bd0cb.jpg

Leftover carpet from boat project makes a trashed dash much much nicer.

Stainless shifter from a broken paper towel holder.

And OMG A FREAKING CUPHOLDER YAYYY

dash2_zps27cda736.jpg

Found a use for the dimmer switch. It holds my lucky charms.

Slant eyed smiley face patch fits the extra gauge hole till I can get a tach. My friend told me it's racist and I should remove it.

dash_zps89e5e0f4.jpg

It's ratty and I rike it

Been driving for a week. Scrapping, moving furniture, hauling ass. It's a truck alright!

Today it was running like poopoo. The top half of the carb was loose! I pulled the carb off and tightened the 3 loose screws on the bottom with loctite and bolted it back down. I also found the source of misfire and carb backfire! I had a bad plug in #2. If I pulled the wire off a bit and let it arc it ran fine. Replaced the plug with an old NGK R that's a bit longer and it stopped misfiring. Set the dist back to the notch and it doesn't fire through the carb anymore. :thumbup:

Need to take moar pics.

The cab is getting all the good toys. Stereo, radar detector, dash mounted GPS, CB radio, and clock. Coming soon is 6 way heated Mercedes buckets.

I don't understand what you are doing for your headliner, but I feel like I will like it. Oics for sure. Between my shitty plastidip job on the Best Coast and your [odd] paintjob on the Wrong Coast I think things are covered. I like how you made the D in Datsun an R. I'm always like "Ratsun, With an R like Datsun; but an R". Like what you did there.

You have alot of 'tech' in there. I gotta assume it's a mess as well? [mine is, no offense to you, just curious?] Do you cater to just driving yourself or passengers also, sometime, never, ever?

I don't understand what you are doing for your headliner, but I feel like I will like it. Oics for sure. Between my shitty plastidip job on the Best Coast and your [odd] paintjob on the Wrong Coast I think things are covered. I like how you made the D in Datsun an R. I'm always like "Ratsun, With an R like Datsun; but an R". Like what you did there.

You have alot of 'tech' in there. I gotta assume it's a mess as well? [mine is, no offense to you, just curious?] Do you cater to just driving yourself or passengers also, sometime, never, ever?

The headliner is Vinyl blind slats that I'm filling in with drawings. They kinda radiate from the front of the cab. I'll try and get some better pics.

It's a mess but only because I'm still working on the interior.

GPS, radar detector, multimedia stereo that's going to be 5.1, random LEDs I scrapped out of some keyboards, my old japanese alarm clock.

Soon to come is stereo EQ, an external antenna for my GPS so I can mount it in the dash, a custom center console with subwoofer, power inverter, dome lights, comfy seats, tint, and whatever else I come across.

I like having my dead simple run on love and hope engine combined with ultra techy semi modern interior components.

There's usually a friend or my dog in the passenger seat and sometimes someone gets to ride in the bed.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you dig it. I'm really looking into getting a Z. If I do it's going to be going the other route. Black, black, black, low, quiet, and fast.

I'd love to have both, I use my truck as a truck just about every day. I might be trading for a 73 240.

This one to be exact. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3332979497.html

It's gonna need a manual asap.