Two wheels...better than four? *Caution...boo boo's*

Or just easier to tip over!? It's a little bit of both for me...

20120422212045308.jpg

Post stitch-up:

20120423130129984.jpg

Chunked the knee:

2012042307511793.jpg

The culprit (plus my fat ass of course:

2012070609483659.jpg

The other culprits (not this particular injury, but they chalk up quite a few too):

20120503192736452.jpg

So....who else is a fan of two wheels on the Ratsun? Or care to share a story? Or just laugh. Bike is fixed by the way, as are the wounds kinda. Word to the wise: don't dislocate a shoulder, it hurts and stays that way.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. That's why when I used to ride I was AGATT... expensive gear sure beats expensive hospital bills and a lot of pain. California is full of shitty drivers so I sold my bikes and got back into cars lol. I still have a YSR50 project... pretty much just needs to be put back together. I have a Yamaha Blaster engine for it (200cc 2 stroke, 6 speed) extended swingarm, etc. It will do an easy 100-120 mph lol

• Like 1

Ouch man... Honestly, the post stitches picture looks worse than the before to me. I hate when I go to get sewed up and the doc squirts saline in, scrubs the crap out of the wound AND THEN asks if I want something for the pain.

Cool Scream you have there - old skool. Me and my buddy took our Runes for an early Labor Day ride yesterday morning. No boo boos for us though.

photo-2.jpg

Yowch, so you went down on the TL? What kind of gear were you wearing? I had a '99 TL1000s for a while, great motorcycles.

A guy I know was recently riding out in Idaho, and it got to be around 100 degrees out so he decided to pull over and take off his coat and gloves. Less than 5 minutes later he hit a deer and woke up in the hospital missing a lot of skin.

Valdez - LOVE LOVE LOVE Banshee bikes, that Scream was an '04 with a 888rc, one of my first DH bikes. Hucks like a hoss, but way outdated for my needs, I used it as a loaner until I sold it this season. Still have my Morewood Izimu (race rig), Canfield Balance, Sinister R9 (race/huck rig), and trying to find a hardtail DJ to build.

Str_69 - yes, unfortunately, it was on the TL. Early season rides in Colorado leave lots to be desired when you get a little off the apex of turns. I was helping a friend move from house to house, maybe 2 miles away. Wore all my gear down there, but was swealtering just helping him move stuff back and forth between houses. Ended up taking my gear off, just riding in a sweatshirt/jeans (obviously a helmet/gloves/shoes) and hit the inside of an apex that was filled with sand. Literally slid sideways a lane and a half before I barely kissed a concrete median. Bike went straight, didn't tip, and I superman'd it onto the cobblestone median. Oh well, things get fixed, holes get sewn up, and my love for two wheels continues. And the TL is a bike I will have for LIFE. I will rebuild everything on it. The torque! Oh the TORQUE! Power commander, airbox mods, bitubo rear suspension, M4 cans coming soon, this bike is, and will always be, a beast!

Thanks for the kind words to heal up. It's been a while since I've frequented Ratsun, all the wounds are scars now, the only real issue is the shoulder as I dislocated it again 3 weeks after the crash, racing DH out here. I feel this might be a once-a-year type of injury, it sure is loose now...let's see moar bikes! And motorcycles! And Datsun's on two wheels (or only have two wheels on)!

• Like 1

Twin headlights were the "superbike" status for me as well, always loved the way Triumph's looked, but never had the cash. Bought an FZR600 as my first sportbike, and ran that thru the ringers for a year and half. Loved that bike, love the frame, hated the carbs. Told myself I'd never have a bike with carb's again, found the TL with dirty nasty '97 mapping and fell in love. Congrats on the FZR1000, they are faaaast bikes that few people know about!