My wife wants a WRX

I drove an IS350 (auto) to a couple days while it was at our shop. It rode ok with a moderate amount of power, but I hated how small the front windshield seemed. Maybe I was used to the non-tinted completely open 510, but it just seemed like the IS was so cramped in the windshield/dash area.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I test drove an older G35 sedan, and a slightly newer IS300. Both are nice, but the auto-fake shifter on the Lexus is a joke compared to Nissan... Lexus's are: "drive with one finger cars", really loose and un-responsive steering . . where the G35 is really tight and feels like a 510 with ALOT of caster (hard to turn in parking lots) tightest power steering car I've felt,, but do you want a race car/track ready "feel" for a daily driver ... :confused:

G35 handles more like a sports car, and the seats aren't nearly as comfy as Lexus's. but the fake auto-shifting is 10x faster(no delay) on the G35 .. manual tranny G35's have problems, and need expensive mods to feel like a real car,, maybe Lexus too?

Having driven both, I wouldn't want a girl driving either.. especially coming from a FWD car in the rainy'est place on earth . :lol:

... don't give her 250hp in a RWD 4dr .. every option except a Honda Civic seems like a bad idea for "her car"

Still havent made up her mind?? Just get her the sti and call it good. Or, if she is afraid of the power then pop for a regular wrx, as they are a bit softer. Or a forester xt,, or an infinity g35x,, or an evo,, or a mazdaspeed 6... or a nissan juke...

I know, lots of choices out there. She likes the Lexus now. The IS350 isn't available in a manual. The IS250 is (though super rare) so she needs to drive a 250 and make sure it isn't a pig (100 less Hp than the 350, which may actually be okay) and then see if we can find one. Fortunately the Neon is still working fine so we have no real timeline. It would suck to have to do this in a week if the car died or an accident took it or something like that. Is this the part where I'm supposed to knock on wood?

--carter

I've got an '06 WRX Wagon with 90K on the odometer, never any issue. I don't abuse it and it wasn't abused when I got it. That's not to say I don't take it around corners as fast as comfortably possible. My wife drives it to work everyday. She loves it too. 5spd of course. I've had two other Subarus, my parents have had 5 Subarus and never anything other than matinence with them. I don't ever want to give it up. It's a great all purpose vehicle. The awd in my '96 Legacy worked so well it pulled my Mazda PR5 out of the ditch in a 2 foot snow storm. The seats in my 06 are so comfortable, I want a set for my 510 (personal opinion).

I went to Subaru and Mitsubishi today. Subaru has no STI's in stock in my area but Mitsubishi has a bunch of EVO GSR's and MR's. Needless to say I might be trading in my Mini Countryman S for an EVO GSR. I am waiting on a price from Mitsubishi on a EVO with leather, GPS, and Remote Start.