Need an L-16 for my 510 rebuild or L20B

Just recently my l16 engine went out on me so I decided to get it rebuilt. Mechanic says I need a new block or pretty much another l16 because mine is out for the count. I'm located in Texas and am in desperate need of this engine to get my car back on the road. Thanks

Will also like to buy an L20B for a swap.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't have to be an L16, really want to swap it for an L20B but haven't had any luck finding one in Texas so will need one to be shipped.

As far as my L16, the mechanics say i wasnt getting enough oil pressure and caused the engine to go out and also one of the pistons went out. They can rebuild it but dont know where to find parts for such an old engine. That is why I am searching on here.

Thanks

Doesn't know where to find parts for such an old engine...

Well they ARE kind of everywhere, maybe not in Texas though.

L20B can be had out of HL510's, 200SX's, and 620 pickups. No junkyards have any Datsuns down there? I am glad I live in Oregon! They are everywhere!

If the block is good, you can buy new pistons, bearings, rings, gaskets, valves, cams, and everything else online or used through here and such.

Worst case scenario anyways.

Hope you find an L20B! You'll be much happier with the added power, it was a night and day difference from my worn out L16.

Good luck!

As far as my L16, the mechanics say i wasnt getting enough oil pressure and caused the engine to go out and also one of the pistons went out.

To prevent oil starvation when drifting weld some baffles into the oil pan so the oil can't climb out under sideways G forces. Another is to throw the L series pump away and instal a KA24E or DE from a D-21 Hardbody. I have one on all my cars. The internal rotors are 13% longer and put out more pressure at lower speeds and overall more volume.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.