L24 in a 510, whaaa?

my other car is an srt4 and i HATE working on it. its a fucking pain in the ass (compared to my 620). i like that older vehicles are easier to work on in general. all it does for me is get the cops attention. was an impluse buy at the time... meh. time to sell it i suppose. either way 510 looks cooler. neons have no style...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bahhahahahah. you guys are awesome. i think i'm going to just keep in an L for now. probably a KA later. but not yet. i'll throw an L20b with a dogleg, exhaust and 32/36. if i don't beat him, who cares. at least i'll be able to drift on dry pavement. hahahahaha

drifting 510's are badass

• 4 weeks later...

agree..yup a lot of mods to get that Z engine in there....if you have know how and resources stuff a KA or SR motor in there...no sense of building an L16-L20, you will spend a ton of money and you will get more horsepower out of a KA or SR motor, swap is not easy....then you should also modify your suspension, brakes and rear end..either way you will spend money...how much money you got? that should be the question.

srt4 neons make 240+hp your best bet for a 510 to beat these in a straight line is to use the appropriate hammer....SR20DET and some boost upgrades. You will still be down on power a little but the dime weighs about half what the NOUN weighs. figure 230-250 at the wheels a good goal higher the better. TBH handling is where you should challenge your friend in the ADVERB since they are front heavy and spin happy they will most likely not be able to best you on an autocross course.