Timing Chain Tensioner..gasket?

CFHdatsun77

So Putting together my L20b and noticed in the Book when i was putting the tensioner on that it says it comes with a gasket..so i look in my gasket box that i bought for my rebuild but it doesnt have one with it.

So is it important to have it? or can i get away with not putting one in?

Heard from some poeple that theyve never seen one for it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what gasket set did you use? it is a very thin gasket. I don`t know if it`s manditory or not but i usually make it outta thin sturdy paper if it`s not included..

....Is the original gasket still stuck on old tentioner,, use razor blade and carefully remove for pattern if needed.

The tensioner doesn't have a gasket where it mates to the block. I've pulled at least a dozen L abd Z series motors apart and seen lots of others and have never seen one.that I can remember. It's well machined and a tight fit so oil isn't going to leak out.

A thin paper one like the oil pump won't hurt, just not needed.

what gasket set did you use? it is a very thin gasket. I don`t know if it`s manditory or not but i usually make it outta thin sturdy paper if it`s not included..

....Is the original gasket still stuck on old tentioner,, use razor blade and carefully remove for pattern if needed.

I dont Believe it had a gasket on it to begin with it was awhile ago i pulled it off so couldnt remember now. just noticed that in the book it showed one n m gasket set didnt come with it. but im hearing its not needed really.

The tensioner doesn't have a gasket where it mates to the block. I've pulled at least a dozen L abd Z series motors apart and seen lots of others and have never seen one.that I can remember. It's well machined and a tight fit so oil isn't going to leak out.

A thin paper one like the oil pump won't hurt, just not needed.

ahh forsure, well thats good i probably wont put one in but good to know its not exactly important. Thanks for the help

Baz in Austraila has them in his timming set kits.

I never seen one here in any kits at all. Its NOT Needed.

in my vid I dont install one

http://vimeo.com/19077890

Yeah i noticed that after i Posted this looked at the vid you sent me awhile back to see if you had one. but nope. Thanks man Vid Helped alot. n the timing as well.