help with fuel pump

ive got a 72 240 z. motor an trans from a 78 280. was running. my husband decided to mess with it ...... ive tried just about everything an i cant get it going again. backwards forwards. i tried to blow the crap out of it too. i know it works because it was running befor he got involved.. any ideas??? i was raised by a nissan mechanic an am to ashamed to call my dad .

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to get some uploaded right now. Ones not to pretty but my 72 is my baby. i had the choice of a wedding ring or the car..... No choice! Thankful for any help i can get. she is my6th datsun.Ive had a 510 two 810s a few z'sa truck i just love them all!

As Mike alluded to, it would help knowing if this 280Z engine in a 240Z is still EFI, or if it has been converted to carbs (more common when a 240Z is concerned). Big difference on what can go wrong there. EFI would always be an electric pump, using relays and the ECU to control it, whereas carbs would be mechanical OR electric, and electric wasn't original in any case it depends on how it got converted.

efi . electric system an everything was transfered from the 78 280

but no further updates. still original setup

These contradict each other. You must mean it's a 240z but has a '78 motor and fuel injection. I was running so we know it does work. Because of the electronics it doesn't take much to stop it working.

When you turn the key on do you hear the electric fuel pump working???

:) yeah im gonna bite it an call him. Surprisingly all wiring including dash an everything works perfect in my 240. Its fuel injected. I put alot of time an money in that motor an i wanted a tiny bit better gas milage out of 240. When its running it purrr's. No babies! Ive got dogs an my pit fits perfect in it. :) thanks for advice.