my 720

eighty_six_720

hey guys i've been checking forum for a little while now and I figured i'd start posting some of the stuff i've been doing to my truck. I live in San Diego California I'm 16 and this is my first car. I worked my ass off and made the 1400 bucks i paid for this truck. i've been working all summer and just about every cent i've made has gone into this truck (in gas, repairs and other stuff). I've been doing just about everything mechanical on this truck myself minus anything that requires a welder(as I dont have one). I'm tryin to clean this truck up and make her look nice so any tips or common failure points on these trucks would be awesome. The truck is pretty much all stock with 200k miles on it. despite the milage she runs like a champ and does 70 on the freeway no problem thanks to the z24.

heres some pics

when i brought her home (she looks a lot better than she was paint wise)

001e6dbd.jpg

new front shocks and a few bushing kits. didnt have a jack but there was a forklift

81fcb6b0.jpg

blew a tire on the front right so i have the spare on, which isnt black like the rest of the rims

33e9e8bb.jpg

Picked up a camper shell for 20 bucks, missing the drivers side window and no keys to the locks, but it fits perfecct

521b04f1.jpg

and heres how she sits in my driveway today(plus four brand new tires)

2a99c891.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've considered lowering it for a while, It would definitely look better. but as it sits I've never bottomed out on anything and I have smacked a few steep driveways pretty hard without scraping. but with torsion bars I can always go back. maybe i can try it out tomorrow after work. And i was thinking about getting her painted sometime soon. maybe the same color so it matches the interior and all the little nooks I wouldnt be able to get painted for cheap. I was also gonna go matt black on the camper shell.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Doing the torshion bars is easy if you want to just see what it looks like. I did that to mine, but mine is so low the ride is really bad! And only od 2" blocks in the rear... I have 4" and my frame hits the U-bolts! haha... Then again I dont care, I have a Toyota truck I drive for work thats not lowered.

• Like 1

I like the shell a lot better than an open bed. especially with the single cab. I've looked EVERYWHERE for a piece of glass that'll fit this shell and there is not a single shell with the same glass dimensions. I think ill just grab a cheap sheet of plexi. Also I was going to throw a nice paint job at her in the somewhat near future. Any suggestions as to how I could get a nice ish paint job for as cheap as possible? A friend of my dads said hed spray it for me if I did all the prep work and bought paint but I'd like to paint it the same blue as to avoid any mismatched inner and outer panels (as i dont think I have the time/money to spray things like the inside of the doors or under the hood.) Any Ideas on where to get matching blue paint????also another question my back bumper is pretty torn up and I was thinkin of getting a new one if you have any suggestions of what bumpers from different model trucks would work or what aftermarket ones give good protection(I am a teenager and its nice to know I've got a foot of steel between my truck and a pole) thanks for everything guys I've been workin hard to make this a respectable lookin and reliable truck.