master cylinder question

Eagle_Adam

After working on the brakes on all four corners i finally got around to bleeding the lines, cylinders, calipers, and the master cylinder.

Long story short i sheered off one of the bleeder screws in the master -.-

my question is can i just use an easy out to remove whats left of the bleeder screw and put in a new one or am i missing something? it was late last night so i just closed the garage door and went to bed.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends... can you get the EZ out in without drilling (since bleeders are hollow, but it depends how deep it broke off)? Can you get the EZ-out and a handle in the space available?

i dont think so but i need to pick up an ez out to know for sure

No. I would just screw it down tight and leave it in there. The m/c bleeder is only used on first installation, you'll never need to use it again. Actually it's not even needed, you can crack the line to do the same thing.

i thought about that since the system is bled and ready to go but it looks like the bleeder screw is "leaking" and just get to it another day since the list of to do's is so long right now

that was my point GG, if it wasnt leaking at the broken bleeder screw id say it can wait. But it cant. Im going to pick up an easy out after work and hope i dont have to remove the master. If i pull the master should i just rebuild it since its off?