510 sedan gas filler neck wanted

An enthusiast in australia contacted me looking for a fuel filler neck. The short one for a '70+ sedan that goes from the gas door to the metal tube. If you have one in great shape or preferably an NOS one that you want to sell, let me know please and I'll give you his contact info. Thanks!

--carter

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rubber piece between the gas cap retaining ring and the metal part of the filler nec

These are getting really hard to find useable let alone nos. I have the nissan part numbers from the ones the i bought about 6 years ago is that helps

This is for EVAPO model 510s, not sure if they are the same as AUS.

17229-N2100 HOSE-FILLER, SEDAN EVAPO

It is the rubber hose that attaches between the Filler Neck and the Filler Tube. It is No Longer Available from Nissan USA.

An enthusiast in australia contacted me looking for a fuel filler neck. The short one for a '70+ sedan that goes from the gas door to the metal tube. If you have one in great shape or preferably an NOS one that you want to sell, let me know please and I'll give you his contact info. Thanks!

--carter

Carter.

I have a NOS one of these.

I'll post pics later.

I'll send you a pm re price.

Cheers

Jason

Ratwagon1600, you should get that over to those guys in Australia re-popping the sheetmetal (musclecar something or other.......see recent thread here on Ratsun!), and see if they would reproduce it, as this filler neck is VERY hard to find over here in the States, in good shape! The USED ones shrink, and get hard & brittle, so making a reproduction based on a USED part is not a good idea! It is harder and more expensive to reproduce than other rubber parts, as it needs to be made out of a fuel resistant rubber, like neoprene or ???

Ratwagon1600, you should get that over to those guys in Australia re-popping the sheetmetal (musclecar something or other.......see recent thread here on Ratsun!), and see if they would reproduce it, as this filler neck is VERY hard to find over here in the States, in good shape! The USED ones shrink, and get hard & brittle, so making a reproduction based on a USED part is not a good idea! It is harder and more expensive to reproduce than other rubber parts, as it needs to be made out of a fuel resistant rubber, like neoprene or ???

Quick thread hijack here.

It would be great if someone could reverse engineer these, but, finding a supplier who is prepared to go through the process of "tooling up" and doing enough of these to make it commercially viable is the hard part.

I've spoken to an Aussie company that does auto rubbers for various cars previously, and basically, it isn't cost effective for them to get their suppliers (generally somewhere in the Asia pacific region) to do this.

I've been thinking of making a mould of this one and putting it away incase I come up with some magic idea to do these.

Anyway, if Carter's Aussie mate doesn't want this one it's going to be for sale.

I'll post in the for sale section if he doesn't take it.

Cheers

Jason

A link to a Wikipedia article on fuel resistant rubber here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrile_rubber

You might ALSO consider having the NOS part 3D imaged, and save that image. So much of todays manufacturing is done on these 3D "drawing" programs (I live in Michigan, where there are many auto part manufacturers). Would a rubber part ultimately be made this way? I don't have that answer, but I'll ask around!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.