Another 2dr rat

Hello all! Some of you may remember me from over the years im a pretty quiet member. Well i just bought another 510 to add to my small collection. Its pretty rough but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I moved to Boise last november and met a good group of friends one just so happen to have 3 510's. 2 are pretty much parts and then this red 1973. I begged and begged him to sell it and now its mine! Hes been really cool and let me use his 4500sqft shop to get the car running and streetable. I called in sick to work for a couple days (whoops) and got the 510 up and going, it only sat for 5 or so years so it wasnt that hard. Nothing like my white flared car. Anyway here are some pics. The car has quite a bit of bondo and a lot of rust but its my new daily and already had a few people try and buy it. Ive of course turned them down very quickly.

The car is l18 with w53 had and weber 32/36 carb. Dogleg 5spd and thats about all. It has cheap kragen/oriellys/schucks/checkers seats in it but they are comfortable so im leaving them. I also have a set of stock seats. So here is what ive completed over the past few days in list form. It hasnt been anything major ive been pretty lucky.

Checked off the list:

Rebuilt brakes

Installed carpet

Installed complete dash

Installed valance

Installed grill with lights

Installed front bumper

clayed and buffed the car (not in these pics)

Rebuilt the carb

Fixed some wiring issues with the lights and blinkers

Installed non-ripped back seat.

img5632l.jpg

img5753k.jpg

Im already in the market for a new front valance. This one was off a very wrecked 4dr and i just hammered it out enough to have SOMETHING in there.

img4552x.jpg

img4409bi.jpg

Here is my white KA car.

30142920837763420121473.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt get the car from either of those people greengo. The cars arent much to look at. I dont have enough money to build a truely nice 510. But they are mine and i like them.

Nice to hear you are staying at it josh. Im going to have to catch up on your build thread.

The other cars are good, I still own them. The white flared car has a ka24e that runs good. Fun car. My green two door fj20 car is still in a million pieces because I can't afford to finish it. This new red one is just going to be my dd. I sold my other 4.

Lowered the front around 3 inches. I still want to lower it another inch but im going to wait until i get 280zx housings. Also you can see the light shining (ok fine barely shining) off the paint. I buffed it a little bit to get the oxidation off. Quickly growing very very fond of this car.

img3709x.jpg

Flash off

img8554z.jpg

Installed these turn signals since the original ones were destroyed. I truely dislike this "euro" or whatever you call this style turn signal. If anyone likes this style and wants to trade for pure orange originals id be willing. Look how well those body panels line up ;) showroom quality right there.

img2450h.jpg

Lowered the front around 3 inches. I still want to lower it another inch but im going to wait until i get 280zx housings. Also you can see the light shining (ok fine barely shining) off the paint. I buffed it a little bit to get the oxidation off. Quickly growing very very fond of this car.

img3709x.jpg

Flash off

img8554z.jpg

Installed these turn signals since the original ones were destroyed. I truely dislike this "euro" or whatever you call this style turn signal. If anyone likes this style and wants to trade for pure orange originals id be willing. Look how well those body panels line up ;) showroom quality right there.

img2450h.jpg

i love that lower decal ... looks sweet lowered.... am i the only noticing i can see into your living room from your garage..

Yeah tristin I should've introduced myself I guess.

Lol don't mind the construction. I love the lower decal enough I'm having a couple printed for my other 510's!

Some guy here in Boise has an immaculate 510. He had chip fooses painter do the paint. Charlie Hutton. Anyway the guy had rebello build the l/z that's in it and a bunch other great stuff. The car is incredible. Only reason I mention this is it should be at ir208 for the few datsun fellas who are attending so my beat 510 and my buddies 521 wont be the only Datsuns to look at.