Anyone ever built a 200zx s130, jdm 4cyl style?

poltroon

I think swapping VQ35/VQ37 is a good excuse to have a lot of room from the radiator to the engine.

Here are some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwROGfRhK2s&sns=em

OHHHHHH

VQs are the best sounding engines by far.

They have that real distinct sound, no other V6 in the world makes that sound.

The VGDEs are close.. but no cigar.

I LOVE VQs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a couple v10 s30's with viper motors and bimmer motors. There some jag v12s too.

That install is pretty clean but that intake is for shit. Completely contrary to the way it should be. Really clean though and I'm sure the power loss from that intake doesnt matter much lmao

Every single Nissan skyline, i.e. pre Prince, came with a 6 cylinder variant. I'm pretty sure every 810 as well came with a 6 cylinder option. I assume the reason being because taxes are a bitch in Japan, so they give people the option. A person can own the same bad ass Nissans in Japan they just have to pay big bucks.

That brings up a good point though. It's funny how people here chase and pay out the ass for Japanese eccentricities but there anyone who enjoys cars can only dream and appreciate what we have here. while I was there this past April anyone that found out I had a 240z and xterra was like marveled. Getting your lic there is 10k then having even the cheapest 500cc K car costs decent money in tax and toll. Same with being a mechanic lol, its so prestigious there.

Not every single one ever heard of the Nissan Skyline RS & RS-X both had 4 cylinders FJ20's

6:00 shows the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ENFSvy568&sns=em

He said every generation had a 6-cyl variant, not that every model produced had a 6-cyl engine. :)

Yes thank you. The RS was just a variant of the R30 generation skyline which had not one but FIVE 6 cylinder variants. Including a diesel lol.

There were way more I4 options throughout the years then the 2 you listed. More like 20+.