Anyone ever built a 200zx s130, jdm 4cyl style?

poltroon

Theres this crusty 240? in a yard I see every day on my way home... i remember recently reading about the 6cyl cars that came to the states but that japan aslo had their customary 4cyl s130 version... anyone have a build thread or know of anyone who built one over here? Might have to go talk to that dood about his yard ornament... love to build one, assuming i can find all the right badges, etc..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya your very confused judging by that title lol. There is no such thing as a 200zx, there is a 200sx znd a 200zr but not a 200zx. The s130 is also a 280zx which is different then the "240" you mention.

Idk if I would call 4cylinders JDM "customary" either. 2liter and smaller engine size sure is. Because of taxes and fuel prices.

There are lots of 4 cylinder s30, s130 etc... ka's, sr's etc... I personally think its a waste of hood. You drop a 4 cylinder in there then you have a 18" gap from engine to rad for no good reason.

yeah, admittedly, I dont know jack about z cars really. Only half-ass pulled some numbers some random stuff I saw somewhere in internet land.. Anyway, I havent seen any, thought id ask... thanks for the name to search, be interested what it looks like built (under the hood I mean).

maybe i should just stick to my truck 'till I read something about z's, lol...

Four cylinder in a z has the advantage of putting the weight of the engine and trans within the wheel base of the car, essentially turning it mid engine.

That is true but it again seems moot on a super light car with nearly perfect weight distribution stock. A 4 cylinder, especially an all aluminum sr actually ruins the weight distribution on a s30.

Ya I'm aware, I cant find the procure right now but its 51/49 wet with no driver. Its actually heavier towards the rear with a driver so once again a set back engine is moot to counter productive.

The term is a matter of opinion I suppose. There are a ton of cars lighter, I didnt say lightest so it doesn't really matter. In the scheme of average sports car weights from the very 1st to the very current its considered light by any definition. Race prepped s30s with stock motors are down to 2k lbs, if a person needs a lighter car then that Idk what to tell them lol. Buy a go kart maybe.

• Like 1

510 is a good candidate for a sr too lol. I would put a 4 cylinder in a 510, roadster, ute etc.. in a second. For the space avail in a s30 I just feel its a waste. Dont own that much hood unless your prepared to use it :thumbup:

510 is a good candidate for a sr too lol. I would put a 4 cylinder in a 510, roadster, ute etc.. in a second. For the space avail in a s30 I just feel its a waste. Dont own that much hood unless your prepared to use it :thumbup:

VK/VH/Y

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Ive always wanted a SR roadster..

Isn't a roadster a fairlady?

so..

technically there was/ is 4 cylinder fairladys?

You'll get no argument from me about those power plants :thumbup: . My dream roadster is a bimmer all alum 3.0 v8, itbs of course.

Ya the roadster in Japan is a fairlady, its actually the predecessor to the z car in the fairlady lineage. So ya technically there was a 4 cylinder fairlady, just not a z.

You know I absolutely love 4 rotors but god damn you could fit an 8 rotor in a s30 lol. How about a 4 rotor in a roadster, that would be so fun to drive. Talk about screwed weight distribution though that things a boat anchor.

You'll get no argument from me about those power plants :thumbup: . My dream roadster is a bimmer all alum 3.0 v8, itbs of course.

Ya the roadster in Japan is a fairlady, its actually the predecessor to the z car in the fairlady lineage. So ya technically there was a 4 cylinder fairlady, just not a z.

Those Bimmer V8s sound amazing...

Good luck cramming that into a roadster.. lol.

DOHC?

You know I absolutely love 4 rotors but god damn you could fit an 8 rotor in a s30 lol. How about a 4 rotor in a roadster, that would be so fun to drive. Talk about screwed weight distribution though that things a boat anchor.

The sound.....

Will make you not care about anything.. and scare the shit out of you... lol my RX-7 is pretty scary at full throttle. it climbs RPMS WAY too fast.. lol

Ya dohc, they are small though, wittle 3 litter :-X. It's def the same size or smaller then a vg30de and I have seen one of those in a roadster so lol. I bet a shoe horn and some massaging is def needed though.

Ya the 4 rotor just sounds amazing. They do rev fast its one of the reasons they are so fun lol