HELP!!!!!

so I pulled the z outa the garage just to clean the Magz (as i washed the whole thing a few days ago sept the wheels) so it was running fine or at least as fine as it ever does lol i cleaned the wheels and just now I tried to start it up and all i got was a single click I replaced the starter and alternater like 2-3 months ago sooo im kinda lost as to whats up as im no mechanic or even close

the only other ting i did was turn the chapman kar lok i have and turn it back any ideas?goin to get butts will be right back

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

check your battery CABLES to the battery.

I've had this happen on my 620. If the connection from the battery post to the cables is slightly loose, it causes this.

Tighten them up/tap them in snug. Also if the connection is corroded, that will also contribute to your situation.

Had a problem just like this recently with my Stagea. Turned out to be the starter motor. When you replaced the starter was a with a new unit, or a second hand one?

Best way to eliminate the starter motor as the cause of the problem is to pull it out and do a bench test.

Some instructions on how to do that here:

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/starter_motor_test/starter_bench_test_1.php

Apart from that, what everyone else has suggested.

Cheers

That isn't just a wire, it is the fusible link as well. That is the simplest thing to check first.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

On a long RT going through Nevada, I stopped to get fuel. I came out to start and all it did was click. Had everything working except the click. Then I reached down and noticed it was loose. I took my multi tool and crimped it a little then reinstalled.

A couple of weeks ago was on a drive in the 240z. After 3.5 miles of washboard gravel road then a pit stop at the end. I came out and it would crank but not start. The problem that time was a loose coil wire. I wish i would have found that, but it was another guy who noticed it. He was also the one I towed for a little while when his car was vapor locking at the top of the pass.