New 510 wire harness

so the previous owner of my 510 wanted the car to be a race car. he did a whole bunch of weird, half-ass stuff including the wire harness...

he did a horrible job keeping the wires clean and he had a whole bunch of bare wires showing in the engine bay :no:

after thinking it over, i have decided to just start over with a new wire harness.

whats the best wire harness upgrade for a 510? i have no electrical experience and my dad has little.. suggestions and tips would be nice

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think i actually seen a painless setup hooked up complete in a 510 before its sold off.

Japs use switchable ground on alot of stuff. USA use switacble POWER.

MY wire harness is 40years old and still works

find a intack 510 harness. But since this might be already down to bare minimum. Then I dont know what more to tell you besides a Painless.

You have turn sig switch and emergency lights ect??????? what you got?

Bare wires? Like, literally bare no sheath/cover? Or do you mean just wires hanging by themselves? If it's the latter, tape that shit up with other wires.

yes, bare, no cover or anything

I dont think i actually seen a painless setup hooked up complete in a 510 before its sold off.

Japs use switchable ground on alot of stuff. USA use switacble POWER.

MY wire harness is 40years old and still works

find a intack 510 harness. But since this might be already down to bare minimum. Then I dont know what more to tell you besides a Painless.

You have turn sig switch and emergency

lights ect??????? what you got?

nope got none of those.. i got headlights, ignition, radio, dome light, and brake lights

Yes get rid of any bare no-insulator wires.

The usual soluion is to purchase a good used complete harness. I've never seen a custom harness on a 510.

Japan cars use switchable power. 1960s datsuns with switchable ground, isn't that british convention? 1970s datsuns use switchable power.

1970s datsuns use switchable power?

510 headlites switchable gound

510 parking lights switchable power

510 horn hit horn put ground to relay

510 HIGH Beams ground in steering to switch ground in relay.

I dont know when if there was a transistion in the 70s GGzilla

MY 521 was swichable Power on Lamps

510 are HOT

Good Luck youll need it

If you can figure out the Blinker set up then I have confidence you can do it.

If I ever was in your position I would use the Datsun Connectore as in the blinker harness and plug the Painless in to it. In case you find a another datsun harness you still have the orginal comnnectors on there.If you can understand what IM tryinng to say.