1986 720 in the house

vabeach454

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice truck very original.

Thanks... I picked it up off an old guy for $1000. I have been thinking about the Weber carb swap. I heard you get better performance?? I had the muffler shop cut off the original muffler and put in a Stainless high flo with tip, it sounds pretty good. :thumbup:

I have a 15 year old son that just got his permit and I am teaching him how to drive. When he gets his licence, he will be sporting this. That is why I bought it, but I am having alot of fun driving it lol.

B07A5C64-orig.jpg

8F94965F-orig.jpg

This plug is used on the electronic feedback carburetor so unless the carb was replaced with another, I can barely see how this thing runs. Do you have an oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold? If yes, then this carb and the ECU that runs it is in an over rich, limp home mode and will give terrible mileage.

The auto choke heater wire below is marker as L which is Nissans code for Blue. So yes your choke is connected but the rest of the electronics are not. The ECU (computer) will default to an over rich limp home mode.

ECCelectrocarbZ24engine.jpg

8F94965F-orig.jpg

This plug is used on the electronic feedback carburetor so unless the carb was replaced with another, I can barely see how this thing runs. Do you have an oxygen sensor in the exhaust manifold? If yes, then this carb and the ECU that runs it is in an over rich, limp home mode and will give terrible mileage.

The auto choke heater wire below is marker as L which is Nissans code for Blue. So yes your choke is connected but the rest of the electronics are not. The ECU (computer) will default to an over rich limp home mode.

ECCelectrocarbZ24engine.jpg

It is the original carb, but it runs really good. I dont have a choke when starting cold. I pluged it in properly and it seemed not to run as good and I hav'nt checked fuel economy, but this truck will haul A$$. I'm Thinking of installing the Weber 32/36 soon...
  • 2 weeks later...