1986 720 in the house

vabeach454

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to get some black detail paint to complement those rims, man, and then it would look really sweet.

Yeah I know right... I need to paint everything black like drums, springs, frame, calipers & so on lol. Just got home from the tire shop. I got the rims off craigslist brand new never mounted for $200 & the tires, lugs, stems, mounting and balancing for $300 with trade of my 14" rims and tires.

Thanks... I'm pretty happy about it. Huge improvment from the stockers. I do have to watch for potholes now... lol

bah, adds character. I love having mine lowered (read: without any working suspension). makes you feel ever bit of the road. makes my lincoln feel boring as hell. you're never in danger of dozing at the wheel, thats for sure.

I just got some New Shoes Today!! 20x8.5 rims with 255/35zr20 on rear & 225/35zr20 fronts. What do you guys think?

79062700-orig.jpg

AA4608C5-orig.jpg

You don't want to know what I think about 20" rims and tires on any Datsun. By definition a 'Personal Preference' cannot be wrong so asking others what they think about your choices, specially after the fact, isn't really helpful. Well... unless they are are all positive. :lol:

This all aside, myself... I find generally that the factory got it right and the stock rims or optional ST mags are the best looking but this is just my 'purest' nature coming out. Custom rims should never, ever, upstage the rest of the vehicle. They should compliment it and be in balance with it and be part of an overall theme. You should never have to look at a vehicle and see the rims first. Nothing worse than $2,000 rims and tires on a $700 vehicle. This is not to say that custom rims don't work, they can, but many 'get it wrong'. To me there's nothing better than seeing custom rims and thinking to myself... " hmmmm that actually works!" To each, his own.

Now get those drums painted Hi-temp black and the front calipers a dull red. Drums so you don't see them, calipers so you do, but not emergency orange so you can see them from orbit! Just a dull red so when you see them, they are simply there.

Oh, and lower will help the look.

• Like 1

This all aside, myself... I find generally that the factory got it right and the stock rims or optional ST mags are the best looking but this is just my 'purest' nature coming out.

Hey Mike, I couldn't agree with you more! polished ST's on these 720's are real hard to beat, they just make the look. :thumbup:

Custom rims should never, ever, upstage the rest of the vehicle. They should compliment it and be in balance with it and be part of an overall theme.

this is why I think some detailing paint on the truck would help the overall look.

still, for what he paid for the things, cant be beat.

You don't want to know what I think about 20" rims and tires on any Datsun. By definition a 'Personal Preference' cannot be wrong so asking others what they think about your choices, specially after the fact, isn't really helpful. Well... unless they are are all positive. :lol:

This all aside, myself... I find generally that the factory got it right and the stock rims or optional ST mags are the best looking but this is just my 'purest' nature coming out. Custom rims should never, ever, upstage the rest of the vehicle. They should compliment it and be in balance with it and be part of an overall theme. You should never have to look at a vehicle and see the rims first. Nothing worse than $2,000 rims and tires on a $700 vehicle. This is not to say that custom rims don't work, they can, but many 'get it wrong'. To me there's nothing better than seeing custom rims and thinking to myself... " hmmmm that actually works!" To each, his own.

Now get those drums painted Hi-temp black and the front calipers a dull red. Drums so you don't see them, calipers so you do, but not emergency orange so you can see them from orbit! Just a dull red so when you see them, they are simply there.

Oh, and lower will help the look.

You guys remember why I got the truck right... My 15 year old son with the learners permit. Now I dont know what you guys do in Vancouver Island (Yawn)... but here in Virginia Beach it's about getting all of these Fine Women to give you that look... Cruise the Strip, go to the beach & much more. I know opinions are like A holes (everyones got one) but dang I thought I got an Awesome deal on the rims & tires and I did not think the Black rims with polished lip was to over the top. I have $1600 total investment into the truck and I think that it looks Good, runs great and only 85K original miles. I have more money in my Yamaha Zuma 125 scooter...LOL... My son loves the way it looks and at the end, thats all that matters to me is that he is happy. B)

By definition a 'Personal Preference' cannot be wrong .....

If you think you got a good deal and it looks good then you did and it is.

And that is all that should matter imo

Absolutely.

• Like 1