15x7 on a 4 door - What offset?

I'm looking to pick up a new set of wheels. My Panasports have quite a bit of curb rash and they've been repainted like three times... they were even red at one point. What could I fit in the back of a 4 door while tucking tire, and still having normal camber? I'm also running 205-50-15s. I do plan on going under there and cutting into the inner door jamb for extra clearance. I know I could fit a 0 offset up front just fine since my car isn't slammed but that obviously won't work in the rear.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What struts are you running and zero will work on the rear

280ZX struts.

The rear of a 4 door? There's no way I can tuck tire with -1.5 degrees of camber in the back right now... I would have to raise the rear and I don't want to do that. Car handles WAY better with the rear this low... it is a daily driver/autocross/track day car so I do want it to handle well.

I already pulled one of my wheels to check the offset. There was nothing on the sticker (wtf) but I measured it and these wheels definitely have a bit of + offset to them. Couldn't get an exact measurement because of the 205s being in the way lol.

I know I can fit a 0 offset wheel up front... but there's no way I can tuck tire in the rear with a 0 offset wheel and have normal camber.

I had 195/45/15 Federals on those 15x7 +0 Drags .... but they were about 1mm away from the hammered "bump"... which is the lower corner of the door jam

not worth cutting out the bump IMO .. it warped my quarter panel,, and the door wouldn't shut .... without making a new "bump"

15x7 zero offset stock camber rolled fenders

6321662538_f34334971d_b.jpg

My car looks similar to that right now, just not as extreme. That's too much camber for me... I want to track the car and I don't want to kill tires when I DD it lol. And I bet 205-50s would still rub.. :(

Indy I was planning on cutting out the bump, or at least making it a little smaller somehow. Did you just do it in a ghetto way or is it really not worth doing?

The pic above is the absolute lowest that car could drive, bottoming out the rear shocks all day .... :lol: ... no traction w/ stock camber

raised up to a driveable height,,, and the tires almost hit the rolled fenders: ..... can't add spacers whether the bump is there or not

6321669788_294432848a_o.jpg

Lower a 510 one inch and the rear camber looks goofy ... if you fix this camber issue, then removing the "bump" will help

.... . I think you could do it clean..... just leave a lipped edge so the door still shuts....

The angle stock is %90 of the quarter panels strength,, there's 3 layers of metal in some spots,,, and hardly any welds, maybe glue?, and metal folds holding the center seam of the fender arch.... everything will warp and bend FAST... tack cool tack

7492840094_ba2936de1e_o.jpg

7492840242_4202f673de_o.jpg

7492839942_45017d84fe_o.jpg

7492890040_fe0635dac8_o.jpg

You can get 205 up front with a rolled fender. I am also running the +25 mm RBs, and i've a spacer in the front to bring the offset to something like +22mm off set

There's about a millimeter of clearance between my coil over threads and the tire (coil overs are on stock 510 struts, but should still work with 280zx struts, might need a different spacer) and a little more clearance on the fender.

It doesn't look like it should work but it does.

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

The back is totally different on the wagon because of the live axel so just ignore my back end in that pic

Yeah I'm not concerned at all with the front. I did the struts/coilovers/spring perches myself just so everything will clear the 205s.. if I have to mess with all that again to fit a more aggressive wheel that's no big deal. I don't want to run 195s lol, they just don't look right, and 205s offer more grip ;)

banzai have any pics of your rear height??

• Like 1