New to me...1986 720

Guam_Guy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 720 already has EI ignition. Save the money on MSD and get the valve cover chromed or some nice plug wires. Love the ST rims!

Not getting it to upgrade to EI, getting it to upgrade the ignition system all together. It's only gonna run the primary coil and believe me when I say it's like day and night compared to the stock coils. The plug wire have already been upgraded and I already have the chrome valve cover. Just waiting until it gets the paint and then I will install it. Hand polishing aluminum sucks BTW!

Sweeeet truck. I bet it's a blast to drive.

Sure as hell is. The motor was built to go in a straight line. The previous owner built this motor right I am just gonna finish what he started and believe me he knew what he was doing. Now Its probably not going to be a V8 killer and will probably never be but there are a couple Hondas and Acuras here in Central Texas that got their hearts broken today!

Hafa Adai, Hey thats a cherry truck. Just got me one from a guy in St. Goerge. It's a '86 720 too. But mines all original though. In time though I'm gonna run MSD with dual 44 mikunis. I live in Vegas and out here all the chamorros are running Toyota. You can see them on youtube if you type in "Toyota Pickup race". It should be a yellow toyota at the line. He's running 40's I think but he's supposedly he's got the fastest truck. You know, out of the gang nai. But yeah, vegas is known for honda's but we'll see at redline.

Not getting it to upgrade to EI, getting it to upgrade the ignition system all together. It's only gonna run the primary coil and believe me when I say it's like day and night compared to the stock coils. The plug wire have already been upgraded and I already have the chrome valve cover. Just waiting until it gets the paint and then I will install it. Hand polishing aluminum sucks BTW!

MSD isn't really an upgrade, it's an expensive move sideways. You will never feel the difference.

My butt dyno says different but to each his own. The other 86 is owned by another user. Installed the 6AL today tomorrow I'll install the crank trigger and timing computer, maybe I didn't mention that I will be running nitrous so control of my timing is important.