how difficult is it to remove this trim/badges (610 wagon)?

Kami

on the rear hatch of a 610 wagon:

yiZ0W.jpg

on the rear QPs of a 610 wagon:

bQfU3.jpg

and the black trim part on the hatch, circled along with the other 2 items:

gRyFj.jpg?1

if you know how to/ have done it before, please give me a heads up.

i dont want to break anything in the process, but im going to be restoring the paint, so i want this stuff out of the way.

thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use a very blunt flat butter or table knife and lift the edges and work it off. This works well on the glued on type. The ones with the prongs should lift off the same. Perhaps push them outward from the inside. I like to glue mine on with two sided tape.

The tailgate trim I think comes off the same way. The two top and long single bottom chrome trim pieces have pins that go through holes in the metal, again take the inside cover off the tailgate and look inside. This will tell you how to go about getting them off.

I just use a very blunt flat butter or table knife and lift the edges and work it off. This works well on the glued on type. The ones with the prongs should lift off the same. Perhaps push them outward from the inside. I like to glue mine on with two sided tape.

The tailgate trim I think comes off the same way. The two top and long single bottom chrome trim pieces have pins that go through holes in the metal, again take the inside cover off the tailgate and look inside. This will tell you how to go about getting them off.

The rear tailgate trim comes off just with pulling, very easy. No need to access the backside.

You can just see the clips in this pic.

IMG_6686.jpg

The rear tailgate trim comes off just with pulling, very easy. No need to access the backside.

You can just see the clips in this pic.

so i can just pull it out? doesnt need to be slid or anything?

that is a piece i really dont want to break, as im sure its really hard to locate another...

Take the interior panels out; In your wagon, you take out the panel on the hatch, and the two sides of the luggage compartment. From there, you'll have access to the pins that stick through. It's much safer to push them through, than taking your chances trying to pry them off. There should be little metal sleeves/clips that pinch and hold the pins from the inside.. work those off nice and gently. Once you get those off, it should just be debris and exposure to the elements holding them to the car(they weren't glued on from the factory).

.. and most importantly, TAKE YOUR TIME.

• Like 1

I usually just start pulling the badges off by with a guitar pick or fingernails or something else that won't scratch the paint. As you pull the badges out, go slowly, and try to keep the badge parallel to the surface of the body - if you pull one side more than the other, the pins could get bent and break off.

okay, so all the things i mentioned are NOT GLUED. thats good.

when i removed the hatch it still had the plastic film, and im reluctant to break it's seal, but i can just tape it back up.

j5iw5.jpg

drivers side should be easy, the clips are right there:

fhtWO.jpg

but the passenger side has whatever gas related thingy this is, in the way, but i think i can each it still, just not as easily:

fiDKN.jpg