Blue Bullet

A bit about me, my first on the road driving vehicle was a 1971 520. Loved that ill truck, still drive past that nasty telephone pole and see our scratches. Over the years I have driven a lot of B210's, and owned 3 1980 510's, as well as another 520 and 2 rolling piles that use to be 620's. I always loved the lines of the Bullet Side. My wife transferred stores and told me that there was a truck in the parking lot that I would like. When I transferred to that store (we both work in the grocery industry) I saw that truck. She was correct. Come to find out it was owned by a man nearing retirement. I started talking to him about it, and told him that if he ever wanted to part with it, to talk to me first.

Let me describe this truck, lowered 4 inches, 8 1/2 reversed rims solid rims with 50 series, shaved lights, hooks and handles, coated with a nice shade of blue. Some one had put a lot of love into this truck. A matching snug top was added with a crawl thru, nicely done. A lot of people claim to know the guy that did this, but the stories never match. The motor is supposed to be built, with a Weber, unsure of that but it runs smooth. The door panels were custom as well with a universal power window kit installed. (The first change I made, they sucked.). The buckets were replaced with Prelude seats, or so I am told, and it was topped off with a GT wheel in matching blue.

The best part of the whole thing was the price, he told me $1,200. I bought it there on the spot. Though the truck runs sweet and looks decent, I still consider it my project. Some of the custom stuff needs fixing. The valve cover was powder coated with as well as other items under the hood. Who would paint a nice shiny piece of aluminum? The bed is lined with white shag carpet. I hope it was free because it’s ugly. The interior needs a major over haul. The center rib of the hood is cracked so the hood is jacked and need replaced. Along the bed rail is small divots of the spot welds. In the right light every one of these shows up, I know they can be filled. The engine bay needs a major overhaul as well. Factory blue on one side and custom blue on the other, as well as aged aluminum and grease, not what I am after.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people claim to know the guy that did this, but the stories never match.

Welcome both of you to ratsun.

As for this statement, I maybe be "that guy", not the guy you bought from but......

I had alot of people say they saw my old truck running around Medford and at Food 4 less (were you work). My old truck looks somewhat like yours but in standard cab. I sold it back in '92 to a young guy that turned around a put his touches on it. He even raised it.

Water pump is on, but need a shorter fan belt so I dont pop a head gasket again. I chewed a hole, but found that broken timing chain guilde so in the long run saved a fortune. Fire it up in the morning and see if I put it back correctly, hate the timing on these.