Rear transmission mount question...

The tranny mount I have has two close bolts holes and wot fit down in the crossmember at all.... The holes on the cross emeber don't match up with mount so I m missing something? on way home, to post pics ..... The tranny is a truck620 or wagon tranny and a pic is in build thread project 71 goon........ This tranny was never in my goon and it was a four speed I believe so do I need a diff rear mount to attach to the crossmember

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure it is the same on a goon, but with a 510 sedan, the tranny Xmember needs to be spaced down about an inch, and the position where the rubber mount bolts to it moved slightly fore or aft (can't remember which). The distance from the front of the tranny to where to rubber mount bolts is slightly different from the stock 510 4-speed and any of the 5-speeds. At least this is what I remember. I went out to my pile of parts to take a couple of measurements, but the pile is overwhelming, and the trannys are on the bottom. Hoping someone else will confirm what I'm remembering.

Going over to read all your build thread. I got as far as you cracking your skull when you went to get the goon. My wife's horse barn had a spot like that going into a stall. 2X10 across the opening about 5' 10" height. I'm a bit over 6' height. Hit that board at a fast walk made a big thump.

Len

Not sure it is the same on a goon, but with a 510 sedan, the tranny Xmember needs to be spaced down about an inch, and the position where the rubber mount bolts to it moved slightly fore or aft (can't remember which). The distance from the front of the tranny to where to rubber mount bolts is slightly different from the stock 510 4-speed and any of the 5-speeds. At least this is what I remember. I went out to my pile of parts to take a couple of measurements, but the pile is overwhelming, and the trannys are on the bottom. Hoping someone else will confirm what I'm remembering.

Len

Dime Quarterly

https://docs.google....jQ4MjMzZWE0MjRh

Just did it for my 510...5 speed trannie with 4 speed mounts

trannieadapter.jpg

ZXtrannieadapters.jpg

Going over to read all your build thread. I got as far as you cracking your skull when you went to get the goon. My wife's horse barn had a spot like that going into a stall. 2X10 across the opening about 5' 10" height. I'm a bit over 6' height. Hit that board at a fast walk made a big thump.

Len

i got some 1x3 rectangular tubing for that but the mount wont go in the crossmember... to be honest i don't even know where this tranny mount came from lemme get the pics on here to help...

yeah in the pic from under see your mount has a wide spread bolt pattern where they bolt to cross member ... the one i have the bolt holes in the bottom are about two inches apart ... i assume off the tranny that came our of the car....and the five speed is a truck or wagon one we had...its a 31" 5sp..the problem is the urethane mount ...its the wrong part... cause even with my spacers the mount wont seat down in cross member and even if it did no bolt holes correspond...

wow ok... never used the dime quarterlly before ...should read the link before all my finger cramps and photobucket shinanagans....looks like i need a four speed isolator ... i can probably buy new at a ports store...

parts store should have .... narrower would be nicer this one doens't nor wouldn't fit in there ...i assume that would be a four speed isolator?

edit this iso came off the tranny which we thought came from a wagon but coulda come from anywhere...pretty sure this tranny came from izzo ... which means it could have pantys for a pic up screen...

parts store should have .... narrower would be nicer this one doens't nor wouldn't fit in there ...i assume that would be a four speed isolator?

Correct

edit this iso came off the tranny which we thought came from a wagon but coulda come from anywhere...pretty sure this tranny came from izzo ... which means it could have pantys for a pic up screen...

Pantys are good..no socializing though

• 4 months later...