520 disc brake conversion?

im wondering if a 1979 620 front disc brake setup will bolt on to my 1969 520 pickup.

im not looking for a big project just want the truck to be safe on the road and i dont want to die.

any help will be greatly appreciated. matt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Short answer, no. Your truck has kingpins. Disk brake 620 trucks have ball joints.

There are a few different people making brackets to attach disk brake calipers to 521 trucks, I think the 520 trucks are about the same, as far as the front suspension goes, but I am not sure on that.

The drum brakes work a lot better if you keep them adjusted regularly. like every 3000 miles, at the most.

You heard wrong. Close though. The '93 240sx is an S13. You have to use S14 ('95-'98) struts/brakes. It's a straight bolt-in -- you just need to use the left strut on the right side of the truck and the right strut on the left. If you do a quick search you should find several write-ups on it.

• Like 1

You heard wrong. Close though. The '93 240sx is an S13. You have to use S14 ('95-'98) struts/brakes. It's a straight bolt-in -- you just need to use the left strut on the right side of the truck and the right strut on the left. If you do a quick search you should find several write-ups on it.

I am a little confused here, the S14 has a lower control arm/balljoint, and an upper control arm/balljoint that bolt into a 520/521 truck???

Or are you talking about a 510 conversion?

I am a little confused here, the S14 has a lower control arm/balljoint, and an upper control arm/balljoint that bolt into a 520/521 truck???

Or are you talking about a 510 conversion?

Neither, they are joking. Pure shenanigans.