Seeking Datsun '81 210 Parts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i can't say how many there are unfortunately. I got it at everythingnissan.com. The part number is 34920-P4928. It's $64.98 plus shipping but for a new knob I took it. Helps if you have part numbers. Parts guys at Nissan are generally too lazy to bother helping but I found someone at the Nissan near me who is extremely helpful in giving me part numbers. I stumbled on this site by chance: http://www.japancars.ru/cat/nissan/index.php?x=GB2&cat=260&pn=3,4,11,12,27,28,29,30&gi=F&sec=349. It's some russian site but has part numbers for all the automatic shift parts. I wish I could find a place that listed all interior parts for the 210.

• 3 months later...

So my seatbelt warning stopped chiming and apparently my wiring is all wacky in there. Not imperative for me to get but if someone comes across a 210 and can pull stuff for me I'd appreciate it. Here's what my wiring expert said:

Door chime ~ Seat belt switch is missing, however i bypassed the wiring so it comes on with the seat belt light as it should.  It does not however, work with the key in and door open.  2 things to fix this...
1.  The door jamb switch in the lower corner of the drivers door pillar is wrong.  It should be a 3 wire switch, not a 1 wire.
2.  The switch in the ignition lock is no good, and is not repairable. I dont know if you can source just the switch or if you'll have to replace the steering lock.  Its a 2 wire switch on the side of the ignition tumbler where the key goes.
Without those 2 parts, the key chime will not operate with the key in and door open.  It does work for 5 seconds or so when you turn the key on for the seat belt reminder.

I'm also thinking I should start collecting wiring harnesses for the car, main, engine, instrument, all of the above :) I should've thought of this before and pulled from the few cars i've come across but I didn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well if it's possible to just get the switch as my mechanic said then I'll do that but if I have to get the whole assembly so be it. I'll check out if they sell just the plug alone. I'll still need the switch for the door jamb. At least that's one part of the issue solved.Thanks for the info David!

I'm also thinking I should start collecting wiring harnesses for the car, main, engine, instrument, all of the above :) I should've thought of this before and pulled from the few cars i've come across but I didn't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'll have at least one gathering dust soon. Also, send me an email with the current list of bits needed. johnroperphoto@gmail.com 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so for anyone reading this and you have access to a 210 here's where the switch in the door jamb that I need is located:

Hi John,

Hope your new year is off to a good start. Ok so here's where my mechanic said the switch is located:

"If you open the drivers door standing outside the car look down at
the lower right corner...there is a little button or pin sticking out,
that's the door switch, the door closes against it. If you pop that out
there should be 3 wires which run behind a panel. If you sit in the back
seat at your feet on the side of the car there is a small removable trim
panel, triangleish shaped that's where the wires connect, behind that panel.
 Sometimes you can just pull the switch out and there is enough wiring to
disconnect em."

Since I can still buy the steering lock assembly to get the two wires I need there that's no longer a problem. If anyone comes across that particular wiring in the door jamb let me know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.