broken brake bleeder

SpooF

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was not frozen for years in there, an EZout has worked for me. The "square peg" ones work the best in that size. If it doesn't work, just start moving gradually larger in drill bits until the metal peels out. try to make sure your hole is centered... (that sounds real bad in re-reading it)

Good luck... you were using a flare line wrench when it broke, yes? they are well worth the dollars in the long run.. and replace with speedbleeders, I love them.

See if you can loosen the brake hose/line to the wheel cylinder. If you can afford to... just replace the entire wheel cylinder. Less headache than it's worth in my book.

Of course replace wheel cylinders in pairs if you can or are able to afford to.

• 4 weeks later...

i had the same thing happen to me. about a week ago. i decided that i was sick and tired of broken crap and this was about an hour before i realized that that wheel cylinder leaked anyway. i just spent $12 and got one from AZ. well worth it. my wheel cylinder looks just like the one pictured above too lol.