drum to disk for 320 help.

burrito213

Just like this thread posted, I too ran into the same issue

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/32342-where-do-i-get-a-brake-hose-bolt/

I was working in the garage and while piecing mikes brake kit with my stuff and getting it ready for that one day install it I ran into the issue of no bolt that came with the calipers.

I thought this was an easy fix. Go to parts store and just buy a brake bolt. Nope. I went to all my local parts stores (autozone, pepboys, oreillys) missed napa but they all only have GM or this universal with the wrong thread pattern. Also went to rock auto and bought they're "banjo" bolt which turned out to be the mounting bolts

Does anyone know a correct part # or alternate options. Worst case, I was going to get a stainless steel hose line threaded for that inlet.

Any help

I am going to try to post some oics but working through my phone sux.

Thank u.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the brake hose on

1338095009.jpg

The box info

1338090628.jpg

Rock auto banjo bolt

1338090685.jpg

When you buy the calipers from the wrecking yard, you always make sure you grab them bolts, if you buy new calipers, you still need to go to the wrecking yard and grab them bolts from a vented rotor assembly, if I would have known ahead of time, I could have sent you a set, we have lots of them trucks around here.

I re-read the post, do you have what you need yet?

I posted the wrong photo, the photo of the bolts I posted were from something else maybe from my diesel fuel system, if I don't make sense, it's because I deleted the photo.

This is what I beleave you are looking for, but I don't know for sure, these are the correct size for the dual piston hardbody calipers I have on the work truck.

DSCN1492.jpg

Thanks for the info wayno. I have pretty much everything but no brake hose bolt. Sad thing is that even though there are a lot of datsuns in california, they are not that plentiful in the junkyard.

I have pretty much everything I need to get this thing going. Just need time I guess

Thanks for the info wayno. I have pretty much everything but no brake hose bolt. Sad thing is that even though there are a lot of datsuns in california, they are not that plentiful in the junkyard.

I have pretty much everything I need to get this thing going. Just need time I guess

So you don't have the banjo bolts yet?

I can go to the wrecking yard tomarrow and grab you a set if you want, but they are used, but that is what Mike grabs while he is there, he don't buy new.

It would likely be about $10.00 shipped, let me know.

What year are the calipers?

wayno

Yes. Those are the bolts wayno. Ah man, if it was that easy I should have just pm'd you. But at least anyone doing this swap will know that the calipers do not come with the brake hose bolt.

if you can wayno, pick me up a set and I will paypal you.

Thank you.

Yes. Those are the bolts wayno. Ah man, if it was that easy I should have just pm'd you. But at least anyone doing this swap will know that the calipers do not come with the brake hose bolt.

if you can wayno, pick me up a set and I will paypal you.

Thank you.

I am heading to the wrecking yard right now to get them and a couple vented rotor hubs while it's 50% off.

Should have pm'd me from the start....the info is already on my site.....bottom paragraph :)

http://www.bluehands...nformation.html

The bolt length is 23mm with a thread of 10mm x 1.0

I'm not finding a Dorman equivalent yet.

Here's some more pics of the differences. The longer bolt/thicker hose is from the '84, the shorter/thinner hose bolt is from the '86-94 and is also on most of the car calipers.

1fd43503.jpg

9c7b3925.jpg

78d72fdc.jpg

81f65ce0.jpg

347c229e.jpg

Thanks! This gave me the motivation to change some of the info on my site. Even though I don't have any kits to sell right now, there's still a lot of kits out there with owners needing this info. For anyone else who has bought my kits.....by all means....please pm me with any questions!!! Or...at the very least, pm me with a link to a thread where you have the question posted. I'm not subscribed to many forums or threads on Ratsun at the moment, so typically, like with this thread, I just "happened" across it while browsing for something else. :)

Yep.....pretty sure :)

Here's the banjo bolt with the 1.0 pitch comparted to a bolt with 1.25. You can also see the 1.5 threads above that. LOL...doing this kind of thing is part of the reason I have 7300+ pics on my photobucket. :)

IMG_0757.jpg

....and for anyone that's curious....I got this little gift from crabbyone on here....checks diameter and pitch at the same time. I don't typically thread into it....I just lay the bolt on the threads to see if they match and then hold it end to end and see if the diameter matches.

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

....ouch...just googled them.....looks like they're about $30 on Amazon http://www.swmanufacturing.com/parts_category.asp?TYP_ID=38

Here's the banjo bolt with the 1.0 pitch comparted to a bolt with 1.25. You can also see the 1.5 threads above that. LOL...doing this kind of thing is part of the reason I have 7300+ pics on my photobucket. :)

My photobucket account crashed a couple weeks ago. Luckily it was on their end and they had a backup available.

It must just be the size of the pic, the threads look more coarse than that.

Should have pm'd me from the start....the info is already on my site.....bottom paragraph :)

http://www.bluehands...nformation.html

i go on that page all the time but maybe i missed something before i posted this thread, thank you for help clarifying this.

and thanks everyone for the help and wayno for grabbing a set of bolts for me. :thumbup:

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

i do like! :w00t:

so i did a fit test with the bolts that Wayno got for me.(longer bolts) to my best, i will try to be as accurate as possible:

these are the skinnier brake hoses that did not work:

2012-06-05202632.jpg

there was a little play and the bolt was bottom'd out:

2012-06-05194209.jpg

2012-06-05194026.jpg

i bought another set of brake hoses that Charlie69 told me to buy when i first got the mklotz brake kit that are bigger than the others:

2012-06-05202557.jpg

2012-06-05201840.jpg

2012-06-05201754.jpg

and they worked.