center console ebreak conversion on a 620.. can it be done?

i've always preferred the ebreaks that are between the seates (like say, a b210) as opposed to the ones under the dash.. is there a way to convert the under the dash to between the seats? i have bucket z car seats and a kc so the middle is clear (minus the cup holder thing i stuffed in there)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is possible. Just source the parts from a B210, cut the floor, weld some special brackets for floor and further back, lengthen the stock B210 cable, fabricate a bellcrank to link into the existing rear cables, and you're good to go. Take lots of photos so the rest of us can see how you did it.

^ you make it sound hard.

Just grab a lever from the junkyard with an adequately long cable to reach where the stock cable went. Attach new lever to tunnel, route cable to under truck, attach to the cable that goes to either side (both brakes) .

Just walk around the junkyard looking at different ebrakes, looking for one that mounts easy, and possibly if you care, one that looks appropriate.

Basically, I think it is more than possible to do without welding, or lengthening cables.

i was thinking something modest, but easy to reach at the same time (hince wanting to move it from under dash to between the seats).. would a sentra ebreak work? i'd hate to mangle a b210 (plus sentras are more common)

from the sound of it i have a summer project :) will take lots of before, during, and after the cross over, and might as well figure something out for my floor pans as well..

while we're at it anyone know any quick "better" than temporary fixes for rusted out floor pans? pass side is almost non existant (previous owners didn't take very good care of 'er) and drivers side is slightly better.. BUT the floor pans are the ONLY thing rusted out rest is just surface rust :)

true point.. but here i've never seen a b210 in a wrecking yard.. i wouldn't want to mangle it even if it was there, i'd wanna pull all the savable stuff to put on the b210 ken and i are in the process of getting.. (they're my favorite datsun, but a b210 can't haul a ton of hay like a 620 can..) but anyways i get your point and i appreciate the advice on how to go about doing this conversion..

Mangle a B210 -- if it's in the wrecking yard, they are just going to scrap the body anyways. At least you can recycle one part off it so that is does not die in vain.

Well, it sounds "easy" in that it was used in a lot of things- Capris, Mustang II, Ranger, and maybe the Aerostar through '86. Of course most of those are long gone.

Another idea is to use a 2.8L or 2.9L that was set up for L-jetronic injection and try to adapt the fuel system. But those were mostly European versions.