My ka24de 620 build...

So i picked up my 73 datsun 620 for $350 and she looked like this IMAG0115.jpg

about three months after i got it the clutch started slipping so i just decided to drop a new engine in it since the compression sucked, and it just so happened i had a freshly rebuilt ka24de laying around. the last month iv been slowly getting stuff together like fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, custom drive shaft, new center link and reversing the tapper, fan, and other tid bit stuff.

after last weekend i got the motor and tranny mounted and most of the wiring done and now all i need is the drive shaft and the fuel line and pump to get it running.

IMAG0447.jpg

This is after last weekend, hoping to get it running good in time for canby!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i don't know exact but it wasn't much more than 1 inch maybe less. i had the shop match up the stock 4 speed front shaft length to the 240sx auto front shaft. i would have just used the 240sx front shaft but the spline didn't match.

• 2 months later...

ok i finally got everything in and now its running.... ill post pics and a vid latter this week but i do have a problem with the clutch slave it hits the gusset! iv looked at some pics on here and i looks like some people dont have them on, i heard its bad not to have them cause it could put stress on the input shaft!?! any input would help thanks ill post a pic of this problem tomorrow.

20959fd0.jpg

It's bad quality but it's the truck slave I'm using and as far as cutting it I never though of that good idea!

And this is the motor in running condition

14cdb0ba.jpg

I moved it today about a foot then realized I forgot gear oil in the tranny, I also have to make a chain shifter for it since the seat is in the way ( forgot what issue its out of but project cars chain link shifter for the Datsun)

• 2 months later...

Havent been on in a while got caught up in life..... but i got the motor running good and most of the little things out of the way and i picked these rims up today for 20 bucks :thumbup:

IMG_5551.jpg

Then i cleaned them......

IMG_5552.jpg

Then i got some free rubber........ and mounted them!

IMG_5554.jpg

Doesnt look to bad there 15X7 im going to get 15x10 and put them on the rear and the 7's on the front....... and paint them black!

• 2 months later...

The H-190 came in 3.365, 3.545, 3.70, 3.889, 4.11, 4.375, 4.625 and 4.875 (maybe more) and are good for just under 300 ft. lbs. torque rating. More than enough for a DE. LSDs are only now available after market.

a stock 240sx rear end ratio is a 4.08 which from my experience is a good setup with the engine until you do any highway driving 75mph is about 3k rpms which isnt bad with a stock exhaust but modified exhaust gets annoying and also keep in mind your speedo will be off and im sure its off already