Darlene - My '76 620

Well, here's my thread... It's been a long time coming and don't expect to be done until at least Christmas!!! (Cool present huh!!???) :D

I bought her in Tucson, Arizona in '98. All of the rust is surface rust!!!Absolutely no rust-through (except where the "stock" A/C drain got disconnected in the cab (only about the size of 3 "real" silver dollars though).

Took her out cross country 2x and sat her in Cali for 3 years while I was overseas then trailered her to "FlorAbama" where I am today...

As you can see I had all the minor dents & dings fixed and primered...but waited too long to get paint on her (I hate bodywork but will be learning how to get good soon!!!)

She was my daily GEM...30mi to work each way in the Florida heat (A/C finally kicked) until her head gasket sprung a leak...:(

With my life finally getting back on track in the next month...Work should finally start again!!! I have lots of plans!!!!

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01930-ps.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words folks!!! :blush:

Nice, straight truck With an original Tach Will you be painting her the original color?

The tach is an E-Buy but works like a champ...She's actually going British Racing Green!!!! There's a killer special edition Miata color that came out in '91....(I am an old Triumph fan too....I might go that route....) The Miata is Darker....My Yamaha is aready that color....

DavesRD.jpg

brg01.jpg

so Florabama huh? gulf shores? that's my guess.

Well I'm actually in Pensacola, FL.....It's kinda like some people think about Maine as "Occupied Canada" :D .......We all kinda consider the entire area around here as "LA" ---> "Lower Alabama" :lol: (the transplants that is....)

Hey DC, Good looking platform for a builder. What do you have planned for the engine and rearend? I'm with Bee. That Maxima engine would be cool.

Nice looking RD there. Did you do the rearsets yourself?

Just sold my RD350 last weekend so I could have more Ratsun money.:rolleyes:

Hey DC, Good looking platform for a builder. What do you have planned for the engine and rearend? I'm with Bee. That Maxima engine would be cool.

Nice looking RD there. Did you do the rearsets yourself?

Just sold my RD350 last weekend so I could have more Ratsun money.

Well I'm getting a bit ahead of myself....but....

I have 2 L20b setups I am planning....

1-(pretty much stock) - open chamber U67, 32/36dgv, Offy manifold and headers...

2-(pretty much NOT stock) - peanut W58, DCOEs, Headers --> will probably go with the 2.1 long stroke motor and try to get as much out of it as I can!!! That will be my true project!

The rest of the truck....

-Frame UP Paint!!!! -Linex bed spray

-all new front end with all new bushings all around

-lowered about 2" all around...I like the tail high look

-4 wheel disks (thanks Fineline & beebani)

-Nismo Wheels 16x7 w/ 225-235mm wide rubber 50-65 series

-LSD (with the long stroke - probably a powerbrute...???)

-shaved door handles / side markers

-power windows (thanks DatzenMike)

-chin spoiler (possibly a roof visor too??)

-BMW headlights

-BRAND NEW wiring harness (yes I will be making a custom one myself ):blink:

-MSD 6AL

-Electric Fans

-Electric fuel pump

-Saturn alternator

-gear reduction starter

-21st century Air conditioning!!

-Alarm (of course)

-Bitchen' classic stereo

-custom wood dash (ditching the cracked vinyl)

-the interior will be a thread on it's own....(not quite James Bond...but interesting enough to take notice) keeping the Bench Seat!!!

-VDO gauges

It sounds like a lot...and it is...but I will be piecemealing for a while.

Once I get the paintwork done I will finish engine #1 and a basic wiring harness and will build on that one for the hardcore one...

I plan to document quite a bit...(there also might have the occasional spawned topic...)