72 620 dash ?

mcbuggin

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'72-'79 were interchangeable. Speedometers varied my year, country and emissions. MPH/KPH. All dash pads were black but there was a brown '79 option. On top of dash from '74 on was an EGR warning lamp, others had seat belt warning light. Canaca got a cover plate for the hole during '74.

mcbuggin thanks for turning me onto this site. It has proven to be very heplful so far. But whre do i find the heavily modified 620? Ill post a couple pics of my bagged abd boddy droped 620, if anyone is intrested in that stuff. As I know to each is own on what is cool to do to our trucks and all.

Thanks From a newb

Curtis Allen

The differences year-to-year were pretty minor, except the wiring.

72-74 dashes were identical.

'75 added a dimmer and the headlight switch got fiber-optics like the Wiper switch had from the get-go, as well as an EGR warning light housing on top.

'76 added a seatbelt warning light to the top hump, which became shorter and looked less like a last-minute addition. The metal behind the cluster was changed to add a removeable section around the radio/heater controls (this allowed factor A/C as part of the heater controls and center dash vents where the radio usually went. Prior, A/C was an add-on underdash unit). Dash gauge cluster was changed with different faceplate for the left gauge block-off and the idiot lights got a different cover with large light faces. The facia had the opening for the radio opened up (no knob holes) for the A/C- prior, it was 3-hole radio only. EGR light was replaced with a floor-temperature light in California only.

'77 was identical to '76, except some late '77s got KMh numbers inside the MPH numbers for US-spec trucks (this continued through end of model)

'78, the dash pad was slightly altered with the gauge area protrusion more pronounced and slightly different vent covers. EGR light went away, Cali retained the floor temp light but 49-state only had the seatbelt warning light.

'79 was identical to '78 except there was optional beige.

Now, you also have to be careful because the WIRING is not the same for any 2 years. It changed every year, though the big changes came for 1975, 1976, and 1978. The '75 and '76 changes even had different end connectors, though the gauge cluster itself always used the same big round connector. Things like the turn signal indicators, headlight switch, wiper switch, etc DID have different wiring, and wiring for a tach was added in '76.

mcbuggin thanks for turning me onto this site. It has proven to be very heplful so far. But whre do i find the heavily modified 620? Ill post a couple pics of my bagged abd boddy droped 620, if anyone is intrested in that stuff. As I know to each is own on what is cool to do to our trucks and all.

Thanks From a newb

Curtis Allen

Plenty of heavily modified 620s here, have a browse through the project forums and the 620 forums.

You can us photobucket.com to upload pics and post them here :thumbup: