Is it possible to delete a post? Do we moderate our own topics?

Sorry if this info is already posted somewhere,, I searched. So, who deletes posts? Mods only, or topic starters? If we mod our own threads, can somebody show me how? Not that I want to chop anybody off,, just curious.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want or need to delete anything. Some other forums allow the thread starter to basicly moderate their own threads,, and was just wondering how it works here. I click around and such,, but dont concern myself too much about those things. Its a handy function especially in for sale threads where some folks get off topic or post negative comments. For the most part it seems pretty friendly and cooperative here on ratsun. I havent found one instance were a new person was told to use the search function. You guys are very helpful.

For the most part it seems pretty friendly and cooperative here on ratsun. I havent found one instance were a new person was told to use the search function. l.

You know it`s funny you mention that.,.... if there was anyone that ever needed that phrase it might be this guy..

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/42453-papa-got-a-brand-new-dime/

I dont want or need to delete anything. Some other forums allow the thread starter to basicly moderate their own threads,, and was just wondering how it works here. I click around and such,, but dont concern myself too much about those things. Its a handy function especially in for sale threads where some folks get off topic or post negative comments. For the most part it seems pretty friendly and cooperative here on ratsun. I havent found one instance were a new person was told to use the search function. You guys are very helpful.

If someone gets off topic? lol that's normal. :lol: If someone is an asshole there's a record of it for the mod team to step in a review. If people were allowed to mod their own posts things could be removed that were said that could be called evidence.

Very little gets erased without trace at Ratsun. Often it's just removed from view. Almost every post has something of value (information or experience) and is kept even if the subject seems exhausted. Don't forget the search may actually go to this post as a source of info.

It used to be a game yelling at a noob to use the search button. I think we've evolved past that I'm glad to say. First of all the search isn't that easy to use. Sometimes it helps, other times it's plain annoying. Second we're all about keeping our Datsuns running and it's nice to pass on some tips and help out. After all, we have Datsuns in common, right? and what's a noob but someone who just recently joined?

If someone gets off topic? lol that's normal. :lol: If someone is an asshole there's a record of it.

Very little gets erased. Almost every post has something of value (information or experience) and is kept even if the subject seems exhausted.

Insomniacs....nuff said