Riken mesh worth repairing/restoring?

I picked up some riken mesh 15x7 +17mm with almost brand new tires and need some advice. The wheels supposedly had minor curb rash... I had my sister buy them for me because I wasn't in the country. She didn't know what to look for because I didn't tell her and I trusted the persons description. The lips are a little bent on the inside in places where it looks like someone didn't know how to use a tire iron.. On one wheel a 5" section of the outer lip is bent in probably an 1/8".

I plan to take them to a local tire shop to see if they run out okay and can be balanced. Hopefully I can run the wheels the way they are.

If these wheels need repaired are they worth repairing? I like the mesh look but I think it's going to cost somewhere between $75-$125 per wheel for repairs/restore.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like Riken mesh rims I have 14x7 on my 510 not sure of offset. I paid alot to have mine restored (lips polished and centers painted about $500 ) but now I wish would had them just polish lips and I would have just painted centers myself

IMG_4273.jpg

does it hold air? i'd leave it alone riken's are good for a temp rim until you can get the ones you want, unless you really love them and never want to get another set. They aren't flashy wheels to begin with and can be had for less than $350 a set.

They all hold air but the one with the bent outer lip looks like it's effecting the tire run out.

So these wheels are only worth $350 in really good condition? I've already got that much in these and they need repaired!

Me personally, I'd repair them. All Rikens, and all other vintage wheels, depending on condition, tend to go up in value based on demand and rarity. Its only a matter of time...

A friend of mine had his redone, not sure of the shop but when they were done, they were beauty-gorgeous!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will you take the wagon with them?

PM me an offer.

I actually want these for my wagon and I can't have two. :rofl:

Tried PMing you but it says you can't receive PM's. Shoot me a PM with what you are asking for them.