Parts for Borg Warner 35 Automatic

digitalrules

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no actuall suppliers.. id sell you anything out of mine if some tweeker hadnt stollen both my trans from my shop last year. try azhitman on here. hes got one in his rl411ss wagon and may know where to source stuff.

what specifically are you looking for?

• Like 1

The British Borg Warner 35 is as bullet proof as any automatic ever made. It was used in almost every European car from Austin to Volvo and US Mercury imports. The most frequent "problem" is that no one has ever adjusted the band fitting on the top of the case, it's a bitch to get to without a Nissan special tool or an offset pair of drivers . A crowfoot will do the job if you remember how to correct the torque for the offset. The alternative is to loosen the transmission crossmember, drop the unit far enough to get your wrenches on the lock nut and adjust shaft. The lower band is inside the bottom and accessable when the pan is dropped. To adjust the top, loosen the lock nut. Advance the inner threaded stud one full turn at least and torque to 10 foot pounds, then back off one full turn. run the lock nut down and torque about 10 foot pounds also to lock it in position. To adjust the lower, insert a quarter inch spacer between the "piston" and its target [a quarter inch socket driver is perfect] and torque to ten inch pounds and remove the spacer. Never ever grease the mechanical downshift flex cable and do not try to adjust its length. You can adjust the downshift cable if and only if you have the detailed proceedure that involves tapping into the hydraulics with a pressure meter and not over reving the transmission or else you will destroy the transmission.

Thanks for your help...Looks like I need a FORWARD CLUTCH DRUM a MASTER KIT with FRICTION CLUTCH PLATES, FRONT AND REAR BANDS a GOVERNOR and possibly TORQUE CONVERTER with cooling fins. Don't forget you are talking to a rookie here....thanks again, Mike

heres an exploded veiw of the what appears to be the same trans in a 510. the difference will be the belhousing (#53) which you should be able to swap yous onto a 510 trans. this may make it so you can find a working trans from a 510 and put it in your 411... or it makes the parts more likely to be available since they fit more than just the 411.

• 1 month later...