L18 with dogleg 5 speed question

Hurley

I got this set up out of a running 510 that I drove before i bought. The only thing I didn't get with the set up was the slave cyliner. When I bolted up the trans.it pushes the clutch fork all the way forward. This is a problem because when i tried to put the slave cylinder on it would not fit.The slave cylinder I got is for a 510. Do I need a different one or can I just get a shorter adjustment screw? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the 510 clutch fork with the hole in it, or the 200sx type with just a big dimble in it.

Im Mind reading this but just to let you know a true 200mm 200sx Pressureplate has a different diaphrame finger height.

Which means if what was swaped was partial. there could be a throw difference.

So in between the lines Im sayin if you have a 510 P/P plate and a 200sx T/O bearing and sleeve if could be off a little. Or 200sx P/P and 510 T/O bearing and sleave.

The bearing are the same but the sleeve could be different. I havent acually seen one. but I guess soem body could ref a 510 sleeve and 77-79 200sx sleeve part #

I alwas use the 510 clutch fork just for this reason is adjustablilty.

when you order a slave the slaves them sleves are pretty much the same . but youll get the correct shaft for the slave which are different sizes

With mine it was wayyyy too long making the pedal work reverse (had to push the clutch in for to engage since it was essentially forcing the clutch to engage again)...I shortened it up a good inch so there was about a 1/16th of play, works perfect and is so hydraulically assisted I can hardly tell I'm pushing the pedal in.

Thanks to all that replied. I have a 510 fork.Not sure about the pressure plate. I'm just going to shorten the rod a bit and it should be fine.How important is the rounded end. I'm gonna grind it down and round it off a bit. Will that be ok?