Help with Webber identification.....

Llittle_Llama

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics maybe? And is there a number stamped somewhere on it?

Other than that... I don't know. Isn't there a couple different models of Weber carbs as far as the secondaries go? Doesn't one of them open both throats simultaneously, and the other opens the secondary after a certain RPM? Have you measured the throat diameters?

I would suggest just going to the Weber site (or something that has the info) and looking at the spec sheets for each of the carbs, then try to determine it that way.

sorry, i have had a migraine all day and it was all i could do to take the pics.... i will look tomorrow and adjust my sig. accordingly. the main reason i was wondering is my truck diesels sometimes and i was told (on here) that they should have an anti-dieseling thingamajig on them and it shouldn't..... also can i remove the anti-choke?

Nothing goes there. I've never seen aything there, anyway. One of mine has a sticker with the name of the kitmaker.

The model numbers are quite visable in the pics, just not big enough to read. All it'll say that matters is the 32/36 DGAV and the variant number anyway. Though your carb is actually a DGEV, the letters will say DGAV (I've never seen one with DGEV stamped on them. The carb bodies are identical, just a different choke assembly).

I seriously doubt you have an anti-dieseling solenoid. It was a very rare option on Webers, and I've only seen one (and it's on my '76 rustbucket, and works like a charm. My other trucks don't have one so I just clutch-kill them). It mounts in place of the primary idle jet cover. None of your pics show the primary ide jet cover because you didn't take one from that angle (it's on the side that faces the valve cover, in front up and below the choke assembly). The cover is a brass cap with a slot for a screwdriver.

You would have to show a pic of the solenoid as it is not a common feature.Never had one on any of mine and I have had about 10 over the years.The deiseling is common with a w58 head on a l20b with weber.The stock carb would have had a shutoff solenoid.My theory is that the exhaust liners cause a lot of heat that lights off the fuel the weber keeps dripping without the shutoff.A few tweaks with the carb adjustments,timing and a good tune up can help.

well im looking for a new head now that i found out how bad the w58 sucks, lol. i will be installing the L16 head this week or next hopefully and then i might rebuild the carb....god i hope i dont fuck it up. wheres the best place to get a carb rebuild kit from? and why would you remove the anti dieseling solenoid?

I would not suggest that the w58 is a bad head at all.Some might.It has large intake ports,not the same as the u67 but still good.They perform quite well with some "possible" run on or pinging.I would not replace it for a L16 head.Maybe a l18 head such as the a87 or w53 if they are ported larger.Just do the mani and call it good.Dont worry so much about the round port exhaust ports either.I have used a square header/mani with a w58 a couple times and it was fine.

FYI the best place i found to buy a weber and or parts is from these guys http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/default.asp , Jose in tech support is the man and knows his shit .I actually went there and left very impressed with the whole setup . They were working out the linkage to a new 34/34 carb which he said gets a little less gas milage but pulls harder thru out rpm range. Also if you need the A/D soleniod just pm me the address and ill ship it to ya.

is it no big deal to install? i will be porting and gasket matching the intake and painting it today and removing and installing it tomorrow so we'll see what i think in a few days, lol. i might just keep my head then. so i can run the square port headers on my round port head?